Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
wondering if something like split hose would work also.
What is that Mudder?? Assuming you’re not talking about split loom.

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Just a little something I added to the Trigger shield , not that it needed it , everything fits and works fine without these!!!!

I took a few pieces of thin wall drain pipe and removed a section out of it , so I could use them as clamps , to secure the rubber that folds over the cross bar in the back. I didn't want to zip tie them so I came up with this idea........ I made up 4 of these!

View attachment 124400 View attachment 124401

In your pictures it looks like you cut about 11/2" or 2" out of the drain pipe? I bought some today and am going to try it - really good idea and a big help for rolling the Trigger shield out of the way for maintenance and then re-installing.

C

Chooglin

In your pictures it looks like you cut about 11/2" or 2" out of the drain pipe? I bought some today and am going to try it - really good idea and a big help for rolling the Trigger shield out of the way for maintenance and then re-installing.
The piece I cut out is 1 1/4" wide

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
20190504 103921

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
“Yeah, it's another $35 to CA but I've sent a few there.” @TRIGGER
https://hondasxs.com/threads/slip-on-arrives-in-brown-truck.17372/ - post-443700

I know the reasons for the additional $35(USD) cost.

1) $14.35 to mail anywhere in USA, $49.60 to send to CanadaFullsizeoutput 6ac
2) “Fifteen cents of every twenty-cent stamp goes to storage.” Louis Rukeyser
3) @trigger lives exactly 200 miles SSW from me as the crow flies. Rather than using a drone USPS chose a circuitous route to get the TriggerShield to me.

Bay City MI >Detroit>Chicago>Montreal>Toronto>Sudbury > my house, for a total of 1901 miles.

USPS did this in only 8 days. Actually, USPS needed help from Canada Post to accomplish this feat.

Let me do the math for you.

Distance/time = speed

200 miles (net) / 8 days x 24 hour per day = 1.04 miles per hour.

I was concerned that the TriggerShield might slow down my P500 to the same extent that it appears to have done to the USPS truck.

I am happy to report that the only effect it had on “The Toy” was to reduce the noise and the temperature of the seat.

Installation took less than 10 minutes (despite lack of bilingual instructions)

My wife noticed the difference and is very happy with the change. Anything that makes her happy makes my day better.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
“Yeah, it's another $35 to CA but I've sent a few there.” @TRIGGER
https://hondasxs.com/threads/slip-on-arrives-in-brown-truck.17372/ - post-443700

I know the reasons for the additional $35(USD) cost.

1) $14.35 to mail anywhere in USA, $49.60 to send to CanadaView attachment 128661
2) “Fifteen cents of every twenty-cent stamp goes to storage.” Louis Rukeyser
3) @trigger lives exactly 200 miles SSW from me as the crow flies. Rather than using a drone USPS chose a circuitous route to get the TriggerShield to me.

Bay City MI >Detroit>Chicago>Montreal>Toronto>Sudbury > my house, for a total of 1901 miles.

USPS did this in only 8 days. Actually, USPS needed help from Canada Post to accomplish this feat.

Let me do the math for you.

Distance/time = speed

200 miles (net) / 8 days x 24 hour per day = 1.04 miles per hour.

I was concerned that the TriggerShield might slow down my P500 to the same extent that it appears to have done to the USPS truck.

I am happy to report that the only effect it had on “The Toy” was to reduce the noise and the temperature of the seat.

Installation took less than 10 minutes (despite lack of bilingual instructions)

My wife noticed the difference and is very happy with the change. Anything that makes her happy makes my day better.

I've always said that as guys everything we do to the machine makes it better, even if it's really only placebo, lol. If the wife says it made a difference, you can pretty much bet the bank that it works. ;)

C

Chooglin

Damn! I knew it was going to pick up when the weather got warmer. Peddled 4 of them at the Takeover and have gotten 5 or 6 orders in the last two days! I better get cutting. :eek:
There was a few people over on the facebook groups asking about your shield, so I told them to come here and you would fix them up ;)

Mudcat

Mudcat

May 1, 2019
Aiken, SC
Ownership

1. 500
I knew it was bad timing on this, no one is concerned with the unbearable heat right now. :rolleyes:
I plan to fab up a few and keep them on hand. Just PM me when the time comes. Thanks guys.
I bought and received my heat shield last week and got it installed. I can say it really makes a difference on the heat. It made the ride a lot more enjoyable. Thanks for a great product Trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!