Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Trigger,
Installed it today and it fit great! You are a genius! I had to make the areas on top where the seat clips in a little wider but everything else lined up perfectly. As I said before, you should sell these on eBay. You saved me loads of time and effort. Thanks again! I tried to add some pictures below....

View attachment 122033 View attachment 122034

Glad you like it Jonsey! Funny that you had to make them wider, I actually tried just doing little holes for the pegs to poke through on one of the early ones but it just didn't sag right. Trying to keep it tight in that area to form a seal but I guess doing a little adjusting is better than having a gaping hole. Report back on the performance once you've given it a proper test and thank you. :)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like the way it comes, easy to trim with scissors for custom cuts. Warm days here and shield coming into its glory. Used a scrap piece to make a rubber gasket for water hose. Thanks. @trigger.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Like the way it comes, easy to trim with scissors for custom cuts. Warm days here and shield coming into its glory. Used a scrap piece to make a rubber gasket for water hose. Thanks. @trigger.

View attachment 122176

Had I known you had uses for scrap pieces, I could have sent you a bunch!

fp4

fp4

Dec 12, 2018
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Well it's been awhile since i got the shield but I finally put it in. Took the 500 for my first ride and it worked great. I didn't notice any heat coming up from the seat and the noise seemed lower than without it. Now I just have to figure out what the 500 is capable of doing since I almost always ride alone.
Thanks Trigger!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Just a little something I added to the Trigger shield , not that it needed it , everything fits and works fine without these!!!!

I took a few pieces of thin wall drain pipe and removed a section out of it , so I could use them as clamps , to secure the rubber that folds over the cross bar in the back. I didn't want to zip tie them so I came up with this idea........ I made up 4 of these!

20190420 181925 20190420 184325

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just a little something I added to the Trigger shield , not that it needed it , everything fits and works fine without these!!!!

I took a few pieces of thin wall drain pipe and removed a section out of it , so I could use them as clamps , to secure the rubber that folds over the cross bar in the back. I didn't want to zip tie them so I came up with this idea........ I made up 4 of these!

View attachment 124400 View attachment 124401

Now that's a great idea! Mine just friction fits under the box back there but that pipe gives it a more finished look. I might be doing that, what size pipe 1.5"? Paint them black!

C

Chooglin

Now that's a great idea! Mine just friction fits under the box back there but that pipe gives it a more finished look. I might be doing that, what size pipe 1.5"? Paint them black!
The inside dia. Of the pipe was 1.375 and is thin wall pipe for a bathroom sink drain! Definitely painting them black or may go buy some pipe that is black already.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

That’s a great idea. When you say get it in black, do you mean ABS?

Reactions: SouthwestORV
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Whatever I can find that is black and thin wall.........ABS , PVC......
I’ve only seen ABS in black, it’s used in mobile homes and RV’s, but it’s typically more brittle than PVC. I think you’ve got a great idea, just spray those pieces you’ve already made black, IMO.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

You going to start selling them? The Trigger Shield ought to come with them...so you sell them to Trigger. He sells the whole kit to us peasants!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good tip clipping using sink drain pipe, wondering if something like splitting a hose would work also. Will check the garage for leftover plumbing supplies. Thanks.

Last edited:
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Good tip clipping using sink drain pipe, wondering if something like split hose would work also. Will check the garage for leftover plumbing supplies. Thanks.
I'll bet split hose would work too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!