Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
How long is the wait list currently @trigger? I have.buckets so the heat isn't much of a problem anymore, but noise is still a factor. Possibly worse now with less solid seat covering the bottom..pondering about one now after following this thread since it began...:D

Currently next day shipping unless you order on a weekend, then it'll go out Monday. I knocked out the wait list a while back and try to keep around 5 on hand.
Depending on what you've added to put in the buckets you may have to cut it to get it in there, but it'll still be better than without. Cut one of mine from the latches to the front when I added harnesses, still functioned fine.

Reactions: Shadesmn
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Received my Trigger Shield in the mail today! It fit perfectly. It stops almost all the heat into the cab and cuts the noise to a tolerable level. Great work Trigger, I highly recommend the shield to all P500 owners.

Yeah I don't think there's anything you can do to totally eliminate it but like you said, it makes it tolerable. Glad to hear about the fit, that's always my concern. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger

Got the Trigger Shield installed this weekend. Perfect fit and I highly recommend. I haven't driven far enough to get the temps up, but I was happy with the noise reduction.

Thanks again

My pleasure man and glad it was a good fit! What's funny is I was looking through my list and AR is by far the state that I've sent the most to. Must get hot as hell there?

hawgsooie

hawgsooie

Mar 12, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My pleasure man and glad it was a good fit! What's funny is I was looking through my list and AR is by far the state that I've sent the most to. Must get hot as hell there?

We have our days for sure.

Reactions: trigger
T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
We have our days for sure.
Yep it sure does. It won't be long now either.
I just got back from my first ride of any distance since installing the trigger shield. It is noticeably quieter and a lot less heat and dust. It was cool enough today a little more heat would have felt good but all in all a way better ride with the shield installed. We put about 30 miles in the 500 which is about what we usually do. Us old folks are not into marathon rides or heavy duty off road stuff.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thats some good rubber, used a small trim piece to pad an accessory mount on the ROPS and to pad the Chooglin glove box. Keeping some pieces in the tool box for future uses.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thats some good rubber, used a small trim piece to pad an accessory mount on the ROPS and to pad the Chooglin glove box. Keeping some pieces in the tool box for future uses.
Yep, the product is great, the installation is the weak link (speaking for the original use of roofing that is) I’ve had it installed on two commercial buildings and ten years is all either roofing company would give. Not sure if it’s because of seams and flashings or what....

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, the product is great, the installation is the weak link (speaking for the original use of roofing that is) I’ve had it installed on two commercial buildings and ten years is all either roofing company would give. Not sure if it’s because of seams and flashings or what....

Yeah that's all Firestone will give is ten years. There's a company here in MI called Duralast, supposed to be the best roof you can buy. It's more of a PVC than rubber though. Expensive as hell too.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah that's all Firestone will give is ten years. There's a company here in MI called Duralast, supposed to be the best roof you can buy. It's more of a PVC than rubber though. Expensive as hell too.
Stays flat and tight around roof jacks and flashings? Are they offering more than ten years? Of course it’s hard to get more than ten years on any flat roof, but both of mine had about 2-3’ of slope in 80’ and they still wouldn’t go more than ten years....shrug.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Stays flat and tight around roof jacks and flashings? Are they offering more than ten years? Of course it’s hard to get more than ten years on any flat roof, but both of mine had about 2-3’ of slope in 80’ and they still wouldn’t go more than ten years....shrug.

Yeah you have to use their products for any roof penetration, witches hats, pitch pockets, vent stacks are custom made for the size pipe...

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah you have to use their products for any roof penetration, witches hats, pitch pockets, vent stacks are custom made for the size pipe...
Ok cool, what warranty if you use that system? And ball park me on a price per square for flat/flatfish roofs. I’m interested to see if it’s cost prohibitive. One of my buildings literally had no roof penetrations, and still 10 years. :rolleyes:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah you have to use their products for any roof penetration, witches hats, pitch pockets, vent stacks
What about chimney crickets. :D:D:D:D

Reactions: Mudwing
T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
I went to the dentist today and the hygienist there she and her husband ride a lot in Polaris machines. I was telling her about the Trigger shield. She was ready to buy two then until I gave her the bad news about them only for the P500. She told me that if you ever make them for the RAZR and the Ranger she will buy two immediately.
Arkansas from mid June to October can be a hot dry dusty place. may be why so many here want the shield.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Wow just got around to pulling mine out of the box. Check out these detailed instructions.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!