Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Only note is that you may need to make an additional slit for whichever rear panel brand you have, and how you care to run it. Easy trim with scissors given I have the OEM panel with those two small velcro straps. Good that it comes generic to minimize unnecessary cuts.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I'm cutting them for a base P5, not each individuals set up or accessories. I have cuts in mine for the snorkel and wiring that wouldn't apply to someone else's machine. I'm also not poking drain holes into these as they may sag different in someone else's machine. After a wash or deep water crossing look to see where there might be water puddling on the shield and poke a couple of drain holes. I have two in mine. ;)

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Trigger I just got my sticker, I certainly did not expect you to send me one after the fact. Just a great example of your customer service excellence. I am usually not a sticker type of guy, but I will run this one with pride. Thanks for all you do.......

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Trigger add me to your list for a shield. I am currently using foil material that is similar to the automobile sun shades for heat reduction. It works for the heat but not for the noise.

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Trigger I just got my sticker, I certainly did not expect you to send me one after the fact. Just a great example of your customer service excellence. I am usually not a sticker type of guy, but I will run this one with pride. Thanks for all you do.......

No, thank you! You bought one and I'm happy to send the little token that goes with it. Didn't start making these for a boat load of money but I am getting rich by the camaraderie and satisfaction of helping others out. A handshake and a smile if we ever meet up is all I ask in return... unless I'm stuck in a mudhole...:D

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Before I got my trigger Shield I looked at some pictures of people who had already installed one on there machine. I almost didn't order one because it looked like it was more of a grayish black then straight black. Things not matching bothers me, so I was thinking of just making my own. I ended up ordering one anyway and this is what I realized. The rubber comes with a powdery residue on it that makes it look lighter in color. Before I installed mine I gave it a real quick washing with a soap and rag, dried it and then sprayed it with WD-40. Then I wiped off the excess WD-40 and Wallah perfect match. So, basically what I'm saying is if you're like me and noticed the color difference don't let it stop you from ordering one, it's not a big deal, just wash it spray it and install it. Total it only takes 15 to 20 minutes.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Before I got my trigger Shield I looked at some pictures of people who had already installed one on there machine. I almost didn't order one because it looked like it was more of a grayish black then straight black. Things not matching bothers me, so I was thinking of just making my own. I ended up ordering one anyway and this is what I realized. The rubber comes with a powdery residue on it that makes it look lighter in color. Before I installed mine I gave it a real quick washing with a soap and rag, dried it and then sprayed it with WD-40. Then I wiped off the excess WD-40 and Wallah perfect match. So, basically what I'm saying is if you're like me and noticed the color difference don't let it stop you from ordering one, it's not a big deal, just wash it spray it and install it. Total it only takes 15 to 20 minutes.
Useful information, thanks for sharing.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Yes it does have a powdery residue. That's coming right off the roll that way, without it would stick together and be a pain to unroll. I saw it and considered wiping them down but after you ride with them they get pretty dirty anyway. You'll be surprised how much the underside gets dirty, it blocks mud too. Mine's been through hell and isn't brittle in any way, maybe a little stiffer and form fitting. Oiling it is a great idea for taking care of the rubber though.

advertisement
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
Yes it does have a powdery residue. That's coming right off the roll that way, without it would stick together and be a pain to unroll. I saw it and considered wiping them down but after you ride with them they get pretty dirty anyway. You'll be surprised how much the underside gets dirty, it blocks mud too. Mine's been through hell and isn't brittle in any way, maybe a little stiffer and form fitting. Oiling it is a great idea for taking care of the rubber though.
Rubber roofing is extremely tough. We would make a small hole in it and could stick a 4” pipe through and not tear it. Thanks Trigger if you’re stuck in a mud hole I’ll still help and shake your hand.

jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
@jrplaza2008 knocked it out of the park again! What's ironic is that I have a sign and graphics company right down the road from my house that I've done business with before on construction projects. He (Walter)just knows the look I'm after without saying it and isn't offended if I want to make subtle changes to the design. Good man and easy to work with! Might not be the cheapest but the good sh** never is. ;)
Thanks Walter and nice work as usual. :cool:
Always a pleasure my friend! Thank you for your kindness and for your business!!

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
No, thank you! You bought one and I'm happy to send the little token that goes with it. Didn't start making these for a boat load of money but I am getting rich by the camaraderie and satisfaction of helping others out. A handshake and a smile if we ever meet up is all I ask in return... unless I'm stuck in a mudhole...:D
Any time buddy!!!!!!

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
How long is the wait list currently @trigger? I have.buckets so the heat isn't much of a problem anymore, but noise is still a factor. Possibly worse now with less solid seat covering the bottom..pondering about one now after following this thread since it began...:D

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!