Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I will install it immediately to support sound dampening of engine noise. Will not really know about the heat as it will be installed when it warms up:)
Right, but what triggers really wanting to see is how it fits on one, yours presumably, to see that it’s satisfactory before he cuts and ships more. I’m sure they’ll be fine because he’s got a good workable template. It’s going to be cool!!!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Damn! That's 7 of them that I count already. It seems like I have a lot of rubber right now but we'll see, this first batch might be a limited run.
Yeah, Monte and Tobe were the first to show interest and I figured Monte was away from his machine, kinda why I was inquiring. Thanks for offering Duckhunt but I guess Eltobgi will be the guinea pig. I'll cut it this weekend and get it boxed up. If he's satisfied with it then I'll start cutting until I run out. Would only be right to use the posts in this thread as a pecking order.
Thanks guys, I was hoping I wasn't storing this rubber for nothing. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, the first shield is boxed up and shipping out to @Eltobgi tomorrow. Hope it fits like it's supposed to as I can't test it in my machine. I did make some final adjustments to this last one as well, so that makes 5 to get this close. Here's a pic of the pattern I'm using. As you can see, not too many cuts are straight and square to anything. This is due to how it ends up settling into all the contours under and behind the seats. I have no doubt that it's going to work but hope it fits like it grew there. ;)
Don't know how long this rubber I have now is going to hold out, ends up being about 50" wide and 44" long. Pretty sure I have enough to fulfill those that have chimed in already. I've made some calls and started working on getting more.
Big thanks to @Chooglin for walking me through getting started and the whole payments through paypal thing. Turned out to be fairly simple but when you've never done it before...makes it a lot easier for everybody too. :cool:

Pattern

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, the first shield is boxed up and shipping out to @Eltobgi tomorrow. Hope it fits like it's supposed to as I can't test it in my machine. I did make some final adjustments to this last one as well, so that makes 5 to get this close. Here's a pic of the pattern I'm using. As you can see, not too many cuts are straight and square to anything. This is due to how it ends up settling into all the contours under and behind the seats. I have no doubt that it's going to work but hope it fits like it grew there. ;)
Don't know how long this rubber I have now is going to hold out, ends up being about 50" wide and 44" long. Pretty sure I have enough to fulfill those that have chimed in already. I've made some calls and started working on getting more.
Big thanks to @Chooglin for walking me through getting started and the whole payments through paypal thing. Turned out to be fairly simple but when you've never done it before...makes it a lot easier for everybody too. :cool:

View attachment 106103
Awesome trigger.....looks fab. :cool:

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@trigger,

I wonder how this would be with bucket seats installed??? thoughts???

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger please PM me with the amount and when you want the money...

It's coming, sent Eltobgi's out yesterday. ETA to him is Thursday and if it fits like it should I'll be cutting this weekend. I'll be in touch as soon as I know it's a go.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger,

I wonder how this would be with bucket seats installed??? thoughts???

This rides right on top of the plastics. Has cuts to fit around factory seat mounts. I guess it depends on how crazy you get installing those buckets? Either way, this could probably be altered to work.

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I knew it was bad timing on this, no one is concerned with the unbearable heat right now. :rolleyes:
I plan to fab up a few and keep them on hand. Just PM me when the time comes. Thanks guys.
I'm in Arizona today. I would be happy to test one against heat, and check the fit.....Let me know when you need the money and an address for shipment! Thanks.

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
P

Pedel

Oct 20, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 106103
I want one too. Will be using PayPal. Please send me info. ([email protected])

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh boy trigger, you’re gonna be juggling your time.. :cool:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’m feeling a little pressure here guys:confused:
Lol;)
We are expecting -30 below temps and -55 below wind chills for Thursday, but I will suck it up and attempt installation under extreme cold conditions.

@trigger any idea on The pliability of the material under extreme conditions?o_O

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol;)
We are expecting -30 below temps and -55 below wind chills for Thursday, but I will suck it up and attempt installation under extreme cold conditions.

@trigger any idea on The pliability of the material under extreme conditions?o_O
It’s going to be stiff. If you have a garage and a way to heat the shield and install it, it’s fitment that triggers most interested in. I think he’s satisfied with its performance...:cool:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It’s going to be stiff. If you have a garage and a way to heat the shield and install it, it’s fitment that triggers most interested in. I think he’s satisfied with its performance...:cool:
Agreed, just curious if installation may be impacted by cold temps. Regardless I will give it a try and post fitment results immediately!;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Agreed, just curious if installation may be impacted by cold temps. Regardless I will give it a try and post fitment results immediately!;)
Awesome!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you having troubles with it???

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Lol;)

Actually, just keep it indoors for a bit after you open it to let it warm up. It'll be more pliable that way. Only takes a minute or two to install so it shouldn't be a problem. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!