Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Installed the seat bottom...
699114B1 640F 4035 AD28 6F3558721FFE 6C1421E3 AF8D 44A0 8AA5 458DB55F8DFD E6073E20 3DA1 4854 93E1 8703A2D3D4D3
17D6D949 E825 4C12 9729 19BDB6F769DE
Wow!!!!

Last edited:
D

Duckhunt

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Sweet, that's what I was hoping to hear! Good sh** man! You said it at one point, form and position. Being rubber, you can press and shape it into areas to make it lay down. After a few rides it'll settle into a happy place. Keep in mind, I'm not cutting drain holes in these as I didn't know where they'd end up sagging in someone else's machine. Once you soak it down for the first time you may find it puddling in a couple spots, poke holes and it's gone.
Sorry to hear it's so brutally cold there or you could take it for a ride. Doesn't eliminate the noise but sure helps. Thanks for being the guinea pig Tobe! :cool:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sweet, that's what I was hoping to hear! Good sh** man! You said it at one point, form and position. Being rubber, you can press and shape it into areas to make it lay down. After a few rides it'll settle into a happy place. Keep in mind, I'm not cutting drain holes in these as I didn't know where they'd end up sagging in someone else's machine. Once you soak it down for the first time you may find it puddling in a couple spots, poke holes and it's gone.
Sorry to hear it's so brutally cold there or you could take it for a ride. Doesn't eliminate the noise but sure helps. Thanks for being the guinea pig Tobe! :cool:
Absolutely! My pleasure! What I have noticed so far with your product is it is almost twice the thickness of the Honda Heat Barrier which was released in the product improvement campaign!

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500

Trigger, I would like to order one also, so put me on your list. Let me know how to get you paid. Thanks!!

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger, I would like to order one also, so put me on your list. Let me know how to get you paid. Thanks!!
I was also wondering if you would be willing to sell just a template / pattern made out of paper or something? I have a roll of pond liner that I think would work pretty good. I never did it because I didn't want to hack it up trying to get a good pattern/fit. If that's something you would be willing to sale also. Let me know how much it would be. Thanks again!

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
I can't wait yo get mine. This looks great, how long did it take to install it as far as you got? Just let me know what the next step is on this journey Trigger.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can't wait yo get mine. This looks great, how long did it take to install it as far as you got? Just let me know what the next step is on this journey Trigger.
Roughly 10 min to install. Included removing seat bottom and back and taking pics.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wait until I put together my outtakes from the install. I had removed the roof and left rear tire:confused:

Man I was standing in the kitchen earlier and started lol over that senile old man comment...that was some funny sh** right there!
Yeah, this isn't that thin rubber like the cover that's under the drivers seat. No idea what brand that I'm working from right now but most of it is Firestone, just know it's the good stuff. ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I've added you to the list and will PM you as soon as it's ready. As far as just selling the pattern, sorry man but that's really what I'm doing, it just happens to be out of rubber. :D

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I've added you to the list and will PM you as soon as it's ready. As far as just selling the pattern, sorry man but that's really what I'm doing, it just happens to be out of rubber. :D
Have you figured out how many you need to sell to get a Talon? o_O

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Man I was standing in the kitchen earlier and started lol over that senile old man comment...that was some funny sh** right there!
Yeah, this isn't that thin rubber like the cover that's under the drivers seat. No idea what brand that I'm working from right now but most of it is Firestone, just know it's the good stuff. ;)

I’m glad you laughed! More often than not people struggle to get my sense of humor:D

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
As anyone who owns a P5 knows, the noise that comes from behind you is loud. Especially with a roof and windshield on, it just reverberates off of them. Another issue is with the heat that comes up between the seats and the seat belt latch area, just ride through a puddle with a hot engine and watch the steam roll in.
3 yrs ago when I got mine, the fix was to buy some foil backed carpet to put under the seat. It was like $38 for a 3' x 4' piece. Wasn't quite enough and didn't cover it entirely but it worked pretty good. The problem was that it was carpet in an off road machine, always wet, hard to clean and started to stink.

Had an idea to use commercial roof rubber instead, thin so it conforms but tough and doesn't break down. I've had it in for a couple of years now. It's works better than the carpet because it's heavier and I never take it out unless I need to get underneath. First time taking the seat out after a pressure wash, I found two little pockets where water had puddled, cut two little holes and it's always dry now.

Evidently this rubber is hard to find in small quantities and expensive. The cheapest I found online was $100 for a 10' x 10' sheet. Then you have to cut it which is a total PITA! I've cut 4 of them now, using each previous one as a gauge and it still sucks trying to get it perfect. Too many contours for it to lay perfectly flat but it's sealed up good.
I think I have a good enough pattern now and enough rubber to make a batch of these for sale if anyone is interested? It would be $70 shipped.
Here's what you'd be getting, less some of the cuts for snorkel and wiring...

View attachment 105219 View attachment 105222 View attachment 105223 View attachment 105224
Trigger please put me on your list and not the s*** one. Let me know how to pay and when. Thanks Husker

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!