P500 For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield

R

Rblank60

Jan 30, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
As anyone who owns a P5 knows, the noise that comes from behind you is loud. Especially with a roof and windshield on, it just reverberates off of them. Another issue is with the heat that comes up between the seats and the seat belt latch area, just ride through a puddle with a hot engine and watch the steam roll in.
3 yrs ago when I got mine, the fix was to buy some foil backed carpet to put under the seat. It was like $38 for a 3' x 4' piece. Wasn't quite enough and didn't cover it entirely but it worked pretty good. The problem was that it was carpet in an off road machine, always wet, hard to clean and started to stink.

Had an idea to use commercial roof rubber instead, thin so it conforms but tough and doesn't break down. I've had it in for a couple of years now. It's works better than the carpet because it's heavier and I never take it out unless I need to get underneath. First time taking the seat out after a pressure wash, I found two little pockets where water had puddled, cut two little holes and it's always dry now.

Evidently this rubber is hard to find in small quantities and expensive. The cheapest I found online was $100 for a 10' x 10' sheet. Then you have to cut it which is a total PITA! I've cut 4 of them now, using each previous one as a gauge and it still sucks trying to get it perfect. Too many contours for it to lay perfectly flat but it's sealed up good.
I think I have a good enough pattern now and enough rubber to make a batch of these for sale if anyone is interested? It would be $70 shipped.
Here's what you'd be getting, less some of the cuts for snorkel and wiring...

View attachment 105219 View attachment 105222 View attachment 105223 View attachment 105224
Added you to the list Chopperguy. I'll send you a PM when it's ready, probably a couple weeks.

Would like to buy heat shield for a 2015 P500,please put me on your list, thanks

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Damn @trigger ....... bet you never saw this coming :)

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Damn @trigger ....... bet you never saw this coming :)

No I didn't! I threw it out there a couple of times in other threads to see if there was any interest and didn't get any feedback, so I just left it alone. Then Montecresto brought it up and wanted me to make him one, then Eltobgi chimed in and I think you were right there too? That's when I created this thread to see if any others might want one and BAM, it took off! Like I said before, I'm more concerned with you guys liking them than I am making money. Extra money is always good but realistically my day job pays very well and takes up a lot of my time. In fact I have the least amount of free time of anyone I know. Getting me to commit to something is like pulling teeth but once I do, it's etched in stone. Guess I'll have time to rest when I'm 6 ft under, lol. :rolleyes:
Btw, thanks to everyone that has bought one and feedback is welcomed, good or bad.:)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Like I said before, I'm more concerned with you guys liking them than I am making money.
That is really cool trigger!!!:cool::cool: Let’s get appropriate compensation too. ;)

Based on the review we received from @Eltobgi I’m sure we’re going to be well satisfied!

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just picked up my box with the heat/noise shield in it from trigger!! :cool::cool::)

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Just finished my rubber noise and heat shield on my 2018 P500. Installation went great and it did not take me long, the material that the shield is made of is of high quality and should last the lifetime of my P500. Customer service was outstanding, and you can tell that Trigger is into this to help NOT for the money. There was a slight shipping delay which was an error on MY side, once I gave Trigger the correct shipping address I had my part in two day. (I live in Washington State which is quite a way from Trigger.) Thanks Trigger it is time for you to come up with another Item yo sell me.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!