P500 For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield

makac132

makac132

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Nelson, B.C.
Ownership

1. 500
As anyone who owns a P5 knows, the noise that comes from behind you is loud. Especially with a roof and windshield on, it just reverberates off of them. Another issue is with the heat that comes up between the seats and the seat belt latch area, just ride through a puddle with a hot engine and watch the steam roll in.
3 yrs ago when I got mine, the fix was to buy some foil backed carpet to put under the seat. It was like $38 for a 3' x 4' piece. Wasn't quite enough and didn't cover it entirely but it worked pretty good. The problem was that it was carpet in an off road machine, always wet, hard to clean and started to stink.

Had an idea to use commercial roof rubber instead, thin so it conforms but tough and doesn't break down. I've had it in for a couple of years now. It's works better than the carpet because it's heavier and I never take it out unless I need to get underneath. First time taking the seat out after a pressure wash, I found two little pockets where water had puddled, cut two little holes and it's always dry now.

Evidently this rubber is hard to find in small quantities and expensive. The cheapest I found online was $100 for a 10' x 10' sheet. Then you have to cut it which is a total PITA! I've cut 4 of them now, using each previous one as a gauge and it still sucks trying to get it perfect. Too many contours for it to lay perfectly flat but it's sealed up good.
I think I have a good enough pattern now and enough rubber to make a batch of these for sale if anyone is interested? It would be $70 shipped.
Here's what you'd be getting, less some of the cuts for snorkel and wiring...

View attachment 105219 View attachment 105222 View attachment 105223 View attachment 105224

C

carlpop1

Jan 15, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger: I sent you a PM to arrange payment. Also, please tell us about the grab bar in your photos. Where did you get it from and how is it mounted? Is it specifically for the P500? Thanks!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Houston we have a problem, ran out of rubber again. Thought I had plenty but didn't and actually took payment on one I couldn't deliver. That sucks, I've never had to refund someone's money before.
Anyway, I plan to keep a running list again and if enough guys commit I'll buy another roll. However, the price is going up. Believe me, not because I'm being money hungry. Shipping has gone up twice since I started making these. Anticipating the price of the rubber to go up, mainly because we have a libtard in office now and everything's going to go up. But mostly because making these is a pain in my a**! But I'll continue to make them if guys want them, price now is $85 and as always shoot me a PM if you want one.
Thanks guys.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good thing about the trigger shield, install it and forget it. 3 yrs and no wear, no mold. Thankful for @trigger making these at a price to help members out.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's awesome guys! 🙂
Wondered when I first put mine in if it would dry out, crack or fall apart over time but it's held up really well. Glad to hear you guys are having the same experience. Don't know if the .45 mil stuff would've held up as well but have never regretted going with the heavier stuff. I think it blocks the noise better anyway.
Saw early on where some guys were concerned with putting too much heat on the ECM. Have ridden in some scorching temps for yrs now and have never had an issue.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!