P500 For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Ok. I got a Trigger shield for my new p500. Mostly because it was so popular on this site. Bought the "wheeler", I think, in October. Heat was definitely not an issue at that time. Bought it mostly because of noise dampening. Don't get to ride much in summer. In fact, today was the first time I've had it out in the heat. 98 degrees. It's crazy how much heat I can feel coming from everywhere the Trigger shield is not covering. Thanks Trigger, nice product.
Thanks 25, happy to hear it's giving you a more comfortable ride.
You bring up a good point...I made a few shields for other areas over the winter, shift lever, brake lever and pedal area. I haven't noticed the heat coming in from those areas this year, haven't had my throttle foot doused in water yet either so I guess they're working too? I know @Todd627 got a couple of them, maybe he can weigh in.
Btw, I made patterns. ;)
I installed the shift lever and reverse lever shields and they work very well. They both eliminate nearly 100% of the heat from those two spots. I haven't received the brake lever and pedal area shield yet (wink wink ;)).

If @trigger decides to sell these shields at some point I would highly recommend, they work as well as the original under the seat Trigger Shield.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I finally installed mine and went for a ride today. What a great purchase! The reduction of engine noise is noticeable right away. As another member pointed out, it takes the sharpness out of the tone.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the shift lever and reverse lever shields and they work very well. They both eliminate nearly 100% of the heat from those two spots. I haven't received the brake lever and pedal area shield yet (wink wink ;)).

If @trigger decides to sell these shields at some point I would highly recommend, they work as well as the original under the seat Trigger Shield.
OK Trigger I want the reverse lever, and shift lever shield. Not so much for heat as the cold wind and dust that come through them. TAKE MY MONEY.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'll hook everybody up, just need a sec to catch my breath. Bought a new truck, sold my old truck, poured my driveway, had an asphalt approach put in today and have a load of screened topsoil coming before the weekend. That's on top of running a job that's in its final two weeks. Bear with me boys, my hairs on fire!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'll hook everybody up, just need a sec to catch my breath. Bought a new truck, sold my old truck, poured my driveway, had an asphalt approach put in today and have a load of screened topsoil coming before the weekend. That's on top of running a job that's in its final two weeks. Bear with me boys, my hairs on fire!
You smokin?

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Take your time, just don't forget me. enjoy the new truck.

Reactions: rtn001 and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Back up and running.
Have a couple of Trigger Shields ready and also cut two sets of the reverse lever and shift lever shields. Not much material in either one really, one is simple to cut, the other is a tedious pita! They work though and I'm thinking $20 for the two, does that sound fair? I'm kinda hoping there's not a big run on these. 🤨

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
Just let me know when you need a paypal or CC or whatever and a shippping address. Again, no hurry, our wheeler season is winding down as we have 3" of snow on the ground and the forecast through the end of October is not a day above freezing and more snow. will be on the snowmobiles soon if weatherman is right.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Back up and running.
Have a couple of Trigger Shields ready and also cut two sets of the reverse lever and shift lever shields. Not much material in either one really, one is simple to cut, the other is a tedious pita! They work though and I'm thinking $20 for the two, does that sound fair? I'm kinda hoping there's not a big run on these. 🤨
I will take one of each, PM me.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
OK I received my reverse lever and gear selector shield pieces from Trigger, and they work great. It took me about 5 minutes to install them, and they REALLY reduce the amount of cold air that was coming into the cab from around the lever openings. I have not driven on any really dusty stuff yet, but I would imagine that they will greatly reduce the amount of dust that comes trough those openings. So in my opinion the money that I paid for these shields was wall worth it and I would absolutely spend it again.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
poor trigger . . . will his work ever be done?? We thank you, sir!

Lol, I know! Kinda reluctant to make these available. 🤔
There's a few sets of these out there now and haven't had any negative feedback. I know they work but my concern is always the fit. The shift lever piece is small and highly visible. I do my best to match the original pattern but 1/16 of an inch either way and it looks like sh** to me. I guess they're either good enough or guys are making adjustments on their own?

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, I know! Kinda reluctant to make these available. 🤔
There's a few sets of these out there now and haven't had any negative feedback. I know they work but my concern is always the fit. The shift lever piece is small and highly visible. I do my best to match the original pattern but 1/16 of an inch either way and it looks like sh** to me. I guess they're either good enough or guys are making adjustments on their own?
I am happy with the way mine look....I do not think that they will ever be 100% perfect, but they are as good as they can get without having some specialized tooling built. However in my case function out weighs looks. I am one of those who does not believe in putting something on my machine that down the road I will be sorry for modifying the dash in any way, and in this case the amount of cold air that the shields block makes me more than happy for making this decision. Great job Trigger.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am happy with the way mine look....I do not think that they will ever be 100% perfect, but they are as good as they can get without having some specialized tooling built. However in my case function out weighs looks. I am one of those who does not believe in putting something on my machine that down the road I will be sorry for modifying the dash in any way, and in this case the amount of cold air that the shields block makes me more than happy for making this decision. Great job Trigger.

Did you use silicone on the shift lever or something else?

Reactions: rtn001

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!