P500 For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield

S

StevenWaller

Nov 6, 2016
Billings, MT
Ownership

1. 500
That looks really good. Anything to help with noise and heat. I like to buy one from you so let me know how you would like payment.
Thanks,
Steve

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just do me a favor and post your email in the PM. There's a few in front of you but it won't be long and I'll send a Paypal request.

Last edited:
L

Linebacker55

Jan 4, 2020
NL, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
As anyone who owns a P5 knows, the noise that comes from behind you is loud. Especially with a roof and windshield on, it just reverberates off of them. Another issue is with the heat that comes up between the seats and the seat belt latch area, just ride through a puddle with a hot engine and watch the steam roll in.
3 yrs ago when I got mine, the fix was to buy some foil backed carpet to put under the seat. It was like $38 for a 3' x 4' piece. Wasn't quite enough and didn't cover it entirely but it worked pretty good. The problem was that it was carpet in an off road machine, always wet, hard to clean and started to stink.

Had an idea to use commercial roof rubber instead, thin so it conforms but tough and doesn't break down. I've had it in for a couple of years now. It's works better than the carpet because it's heavier and I never take it out unless I need to get underneath. First time taking the seat out after a pressure wash, I found two little pockets where water had puddled, cut two little holes and it's always dry now.

Evidently this rubber is hard to find in small quantities and expensive. The cheapest I found online was $100 for a 10' x 10' sheet. Then you have to cut it which is a total PITA! I've cut 4 of them now, using each previous one as a gauge and it still sucks trying to get it perfect. Too many contours for it to lay perfectly flat but it's sealed up good.
I think I have a good enough pattern now and enough rubber to make a batch of these for sale if anyone is interested? It would be $70 shipped.
Here's what you'd be getting, less some of the cuts for snorkel and wiring...

View attachment 105219 View attachment 105222 View attachment 105223 View attachment 105224

Any idea cost for Canadians? Shipped to Canada?

DoubleDee

DoubleDee

Feb 25, 2020
Dallas, GA
Ownership

1. 500
Got mine installed today. Was a day late. Not the shipping that was spot on. Just me installing it. Sweated the remainder of my butt off putting in deer feeders and stands. Going this weekend to do more work, I’ll let y’all know how it performs. Thanks Trigger!!

2D91C952 71E6 4F96 B9D3 AD56FC52CE87 3E3DF6D2 3934 4E22 9D78 9B79999670C5 52D19CF0 2786 4560 A6E8 8E54D0C8947E C4923E6D 0EBC 44D3 8023 61D99BFCFA28

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got mine installed today. Was a day late. Not the shipping that was spot on. Just me installing it. Sweated the remainder of my butt off putting in deer feeders and stands. Going this weekend to do more work, I’ll let y’all know how it performs. Thanks Trigger!!

View attachment 207910 View attachment 207911 View attachment 207912 View attachment 207913

Perfect install DoubleDee! Hard to tell in the pic but once you put the seats back in that front cut should line up perfect. If not, manipulate the rubber until it is, eventually it will settle into a happy place.

L

lukebuz

Jun 22, 2020
Bowling Green, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Trigger - I was trying to PM you to sign-up to purchase a mat, but I can't do it for some reason...

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I would like to purchase one - please let me know the details!

Thanks!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Trigger - I was trying to PM you to sign-up to purchase a mat, but I can't do it for some reason...

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I would like to purchase one - please let me know the details!

Thanks!

PM sent.

DoubleDee

DoubleDee

Feb 25, 2020
Dallas, GA
Ownership

1. 500
Finally tested it out. Did about 3 hours of hunting driving errands today. Drastic difference in sound and heat. Honestly didn’t think it would and forgot i installed it. Then it hit me as i was enjoying the ride and not sweating. Great product!!

0D608EEF 7115 4BA7 ACEA 066F58225B23

Cavediver

Cavediver

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2016
Seminole FL
Ownership

1. 500
OK All you P500 guys and girls you need Triggers heat/noise shield.
I seriously regret not getting one when he first started making them.
We just returned from Ride Royal Blue where it was Hot as Balls and and the under seat heat/dust/noise was eliminated. My new favorite addition.
20200720 125201

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Ok. I got a Trigger shield for my new p500. Mostly because it was so popular on this site. Bought the "wheeler", I think, in October. Heat was definitely not an issue at that time. Bought it mostly because of noise dampening. Don't get to ride much in summer. In fact, today was the first time I've had it out in the heat. 98 degrees. It's crazy how much heat I can feel coming from everywhere the Trigger shield is not covering. Thanks Trigger, nice product.

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ok. I got a Trigger shield for my new p500. Mostly because it was so popular on this site. Bought the "wheeler", I think, in October. Heat was definitely not an issue at that time. Bought it mostly because of noise dampening. Don't get to ride much in summer. In fact, today was the first time I've had it out in the heat. 98 degrees. It's crazy how much heat I can feel coming from everywhere the Trigger shield is not covering. Thanks Trigger, nice product.

Thanks 25, happy to hear it's giving you a more comfortable ride.
You bring up a good point...I made a few shields for other areas over the winter, shift lever, brake lever and pedal area. I haven't noticed the heat coming in from those areas this year, haven't had my throttle foot doused in water yet either so I guess they're working too? I know @Todd627 got a couple of them, maybe he can weigh in.
Btw, I made patterns. ;)

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!