P500 For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Just installed on our 520, super easy and fit great. Just had to do a bit of trimming at the back bar where upper seat mounts go but very easy to do. I have a Tusk rear window and just cut a couple of slits for the window ties to go around the bar which then held the shield down as well. Didn't even need to use any zipties after doing that. Took 20 minutes to do the job.
I'll report back on how it works after a ride or two.
Thanks Trigger!

IMG 4695

IMG 4697

F

Foss

Sep 16, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 500
I added my name to the list this morning, super easy and Trigger responded really quickly to me this morning. Thanks Trigger! I’ll post back once it’s installed.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
For those with the Trigger Shield, sharing this P500 oil filter access tip from a while back. No more removing plastics, just flip up the rubber.

F

Foss

Sep 16, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. 500
I just finished installing Trigger’s heat shield into my 520. I had the same experience as Aerolite above... it dropped in perfectly and just needed a little trimming along the rear top bar. Calling it an install is a stretch... I basically set it in place, pulled the seat belt buckles through, and put the seats back on. Super easy. Also, thanks to trigger for super quick turnaround. I contacted him last weekend and had it here in VT on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. Thanks Trigger.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Did a good first ride yesterday since installing the shield. I'm happy with it so far. Definitely dulled the engine noise, and though there was still a bit of heat coming from the seat belt area, it is nothing like it was, so should be good in the really hot days. There was no dust as we have had a lot of rain so will have to see how that goes. But I can say for certain that no steam gets through the shield, we hit a lot of water and I could smell it but we got none in the cab. Just having no steam coming in is worth having the shield. Great add on for sure, and I will also be doing what @Mudder suggested for the oil filter access.
Thanks again @trigger for making these!

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
is paypal the only way. had account years ago and they will not let me in without password. so i said hell with them and dont want my payment info sitting anywhere anymore.

Last edited:
P

Pioneer520man

Jun 26, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I knew it was bad timing on this, no one is concerned with the unbearable heat right now. :rolleyes:
I plan to fab up a few and keep them on hand. Just PM me when the time comes. Thanks guys.
How do i get a trigger shield for my 520P ?

Reactions: trigger
sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Interested in anyone's take on this shield if it helped with the sound, and if so to what extent?

What is the thickness of the rubber used? I saw one post that he opted for a thicker material (not the 45 mil). I am trying to talk myself into buying one, rather then spending time trying to make my own to save a buck. And it won't be of the same quality, that is for sure :)

Reactions: Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Interested in anyone's take on this shield if it helped with the sound, and if so to what extent?

What is the thickness of the rubber used? I saw one post that he opted for a thicker material (not the 45 mil). I am trying to talk myself into buying one, rather then spending time trying to make my own to save a buck. And it won't be of the same quality, that is for sure :)

Have never used 45, been 60 mil since I started making them. Other than the first batch of about ten, they were reinforced rubber, which is better yet.
I wouldn't sway anyone from cutting their own, a lot of us did it in the foil backed carpet days. Just need some good material and take your time.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have never used 45, been 60 mil since I started making them. Other than the first batch of about ten, they were reinforced rubber, which is better yet.
I wouldn't sway anyone from cutting their own, a lot of us did it in the foil backed carpet days. Just need some good material and take your time.
Thanks for the reply! After nearly burning my hand on the seat belt area tonight, I'd like to buy one too. Hoping the noise is a bit lower too :) PM heading your way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!