NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interested in anyone's take on this shield if it helped with the sound, and if so to what extent?

What is the thickness of the rubber used? I saw one post that he opted for a thicker material (not the 45 mil). I am trying to talk myself into buying one, rather then spending time trying to make my own to save a buck. And it won't be of the same quality, that is for sure :)
Just spend the money. Trigger isn’t charging what they are worth. They’d be cheap at twice the price.

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
i run my 500 with just a roof and the most noticeable, heat and dust comes in between the the seat and back rest. not anymore, the shield took care of that! the noise from engine and clangy clutch now sounds like it's coming from the back instead of sticking up between the seats. could not be happier with results!!! thanks again trigger!

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Just wanted to throw in my $0.02...just got back from 3 days of riding with unbearable dust/heat on mostly gravel/dry dirt. The old lady literally commented on how she didn't feel the heat coming from under the seats like she did before. There was dust still, no doubt, but there werent clouds coming from under the seat and the Trigger Shield was $$$. Couldnt imagine what it would have been like without it.

And also the guy is good to work with and fast shipping. Thanks @trigger

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Someone was asking last week how well it worked and I didn't want to be the one to answer, conflict of interest and all that. My honest opinion has always been that the biggest difference it made was with the heat. Noise and dust reduction is just an added bonus.
You know it's not just placebo when the wife tells you it works. :cool:

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Someone was asking last week how well it worked and I didn't want to be the one to answer, conflict of interest and all that. My honest opinion has always been that the biggest difference it made was with the heat. Noise and dust reduction is just an added bonus.
You know it's not just placebo when the wife tells you it works. :cool:
I noticed a slight muting of the engine noise in the cabin. I have front/back windshields and roof, so it was pretty bad before. Not that I would consider it quiet now, but the cabin noise isn't as harsh with the Trigger Shield installed.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I noticed a slight muting of the engine noise in the cabin. I have front/back windshields and roof, so it was pretty bad before. Not that I would consider it quiet now, but the cabin noise isn't as harsh with the Trigger Shield installed.

I agree and never noticed it much when I put my first one in, mainly did it for the seat heat. Worked great for that and didn't have to worry about it getting wet or anything. Other than for maintenance and mods I never took it out. Then @Remington was looking at a P5 that was for sale and asked me to go with him to check it out. It didn't have a shield in it and I took it for a test ride, that's when I noticed it.

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Put in my new trigger shield the day AFTER I was riding in 90 degree weather. This was so easy to “lay-in”, took longer to cut tape off the box than to install in my 2020 p500. First drive with it coming soon. @trigger gets my thumbs up for a very simple thing that would otherwise have cost me multiple hours and cuts of rubber sheet, only to get to the same end point.
I must say hondasxs.com is a great resource for Honda sxs vehicles, especially for new owners. A this point, I don’t buy anything for the p500 until I research it here or just to get ideas on what mod to do next.

1E25C2B3 8C7D 43CA 9D60 ECAE36AB6D39

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Patent it, now! My dad was a teacher and invented something to teach his student in electronics. Someone came in to his class and asked what it was, and asked if he could take notes. Few years later the guy marketed it. Protect yourself.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know if this is still a thing, but there used to be a thing called a 'poor mans patent'. Make detailed notes and diagrams. Seal the envelope, sign across the seal, tape over the whole thing, and certify mail it to yourself and never open it. At the least you have "something" to prove you invented it.

I do highly recommend you patent it though. I once had a patent that has since run out. I did all the paperwork myself, but it's not exactly easy to figure out, but it can be done. Not sure what an attorney would cost. If you make it for all models then it could be lucrative.

Last edited:
W

Woody8692

Aug 20, 2019
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
I agree and never noticed it much when I put my first one in, mainly did it for the seat heat. Worked great for that and didn't have to worry about it getting wet or anything. Other than for maintenance and mods I never took it out. Then @Remington was looking at a P5 that was for sale and asked me to go with him to check it out. It didn't have a shield in it and I took it for a test ride, that's when I noticed it.
Would like to get on your list to purchase one.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
I have had the shield for quite sometime now and would defiantly get another one if I got a new rig. For the money that Trigger gets for the shield you can not buy the material and build it for less. (provided you value your time)

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
I recently put a Moose folding windshield, Moose roof, and a Koplin rear windshield on mine and man was the dust noise and heat bad. I got the Trigger shield last week and finally got a chance to go for about a 10 mile ride down gravel roads. Man what an improvement all the way around. Less heat, less noice and less dust in the cab.

Yes I will say that the Trigger shield is definitely worth it.

Last edited:
B

boomer_rich

Sep 13, 2020
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just received mine & installed it on my wife’s p500. As like many before me, we immediately noticed a difference in the noise level & cab temperature. Wife loves it, I definitely scored some points with her on this mod . Thanks Trigger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!