P1000 Fox Podiums for P1000

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Has anybody contacted Fox about plans to make better shocks for the P1000?

I was also wondering if any of you who have used the Fox podium 1.5's on your P700 could give me a review. I'm interested in getting a ride that is more plush on the top of the travel, but that also has better bottom out resistance. A more progressive shock.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Read anything by me nearly. It's my only major problem with these are the factory shocks. They make a huge difference! Fox was best at everything ride,traction, performance, safety, don't remember mine ever bottoming,and probably way better on your suspension components as it doesn't jar them. I stated in another thread that I saved my 700 podiums in hopes of selling but I will make them go into the 1000. I'm sure Fox is on it especially seeing how much performance the 1000 has.

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Read anything by me nearly. It's my only major problem with these are the factory shocks. They make a huge difference! I stated in another thread that I saved my 700 podiums in hopes of selling but I will make them go into the 1000. I'm sure Fox is on it especially seeing how much performance the 1000 has.

Thanks CumminsPusher,

I did read your write-up and that's partially what prompted the thought for me. Although I have had this concern ever since seeing videos of the P1000 in action. You can tell the shocks are pretty crappy for a 10" travel vehicle. Just look at videos of the Yamaha wolverine R Spec with similar travel.

Thanks for the great review. I am really considering purchasing one of these P1000's but the price tag is actually pretty high and I'm a little concerned about the shocks for that price. Part of me wants to consider getting a used RZR 1000 or Maverick since I don't necessarily need the utility aspect of the P1000 all of the time (although it would be nice). I currently own a P500 and would like to get something to seat my 2 kids in eventually. The rough ride of the P500 has made me re-think spending that kind of money on a P1000 if they don't ride that well.

Thanks again for all of the great reviews and information. Now I'm wondering when someone is going to post a good ride video with it doing some rock crawling or hill climbing.

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Carleton Welcome to the Club!

There is a tricked out Pioneer 1000 at the SEMA show from Honda Racing Division HRD sporting FOX shocks but no one is commenting, I found the set that appears identical to them except for the anodized color as the ones on the FOX website are being billed as new. They list for $2750 for a set or four but look pretty awesome.

2.0 PODIUM RC2 UTV Shock | FOX

Check out post 1 & 8 from me here:

P1000 - Baja Edition Pioneer 1000 @ SEMA 2015 Show | The Honda Side by Side Club!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks CumminsPusher,

I did read your write-up and that's partially what prompted the thought for me. Although I have had this concern ever since seeing videos of the P1000 in action. You can tell the shocks are pretty crappy for a 10" travel vehicle. Just look at videos of the Yamaha wolverine R Spec with similar travel.

Thanks for the great review. I am really considering purchasing one of these P1000's but the price tag is actually pretty high and I'm a little concerned about the shocks for that price. Part of me wants to consider getting a used RZR 1000 or Maverick since I don't necessarily need the utility aspect of the P1000 all of the time (although it would be nice). I currently own a P500 and would like to get something to seat my 2 kids in eventually. The rough ride of the P500 has made me re-think spending that kind of money on a P1000 if they don't ride that well.

Thanks again for all of the great reviews and information. Now I'm wondering when someone is going to post a good ride video with it doing some rock crawling or hill climbing.
Well I will say I would rather deal with the bad shocks then a bad rig down the road. I don't mean to turn anyone from a Honda as damn I like myself and others to get home. After owning a 700 I said I'd never go belt again now with the 1000 I swear to it. it's just upsetting that they don't think we need a little smoother a ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsnowman
tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Maybe you need one of these. No belts and great shocks. Yamaha YXZ 1000R Side by Side

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I thought Yamaha were worth a Honda I didn't ride woods (no low end) I didn't care that my family and friends would have to stay at camp we didn't like drunken excursions and I didn't expect the machine to do anything but haul ass no loads or trailers and I didn't like the 6speed dct trans maybe just maybe I would. Or maybe I'll just drill out the eyelets on my Foxes and fix the suspension issue. Must say that would be massive fun for its intended purpose. Parts manager at the dealer I buy at says the suspension is nuts. But said there's not much on bottom definitely would hate tight spots. WHEN Honda builds one with the running gear from the 1000 I will buy that in addition to the 1000-5! That'll be the day our Polaris will finally go by the waste side. Then we'll be looking at an all star cast

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyhill
bigsnowman

bigsnowman

About a month ago ( I know a ton can happen in a month) I talked with the guys at Fox in Baxter and posed this question to them. At that time they said they wanted to get started on a set. I then asked if they were waiting on word from above.....they may have nodded their heads:) I may need to make another appearance at the shop.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Just figured I'd bump this thread since I emailed fox and they said this:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We are currently working on a shock package for this vehicle. We do not have an expected availability date for these yet and it will likely be some time later in the fall.

Thanks,

Tom Karambela
Aftermarket Sales Representative - Powersports Division

915 Disc Dr., Scotts Valley, CA 95066

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just figured I'd bump this thread since I emailed fox and they said this:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We are currently working on a shock package for this vehicle. We do not have an expected availability date for these yet and it will likely be some time later in the fall.

Thanks,

Tom Karambela
Aftermarket Sales Representative - Powersports Division

915 Disc Dr., Scotts Valley, CA 95066
any update on this?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I haven't checked on them again. Still hadn't seen anything on their site but I think it would be safe to assume calling them might help since the SE model coming out will have them with the QS3 adjusters

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!