P1000 fox shocks is it worth the money

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I like the Fox suspension on the LE. If the stock shocks on the 1000 are anything like the 700 and 500 then the Fox are worth every penny.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's a good price on them...

So I was like all of you. I couldn't justify or decide. Finally, I bit the bullet and just bought fronts. It was a week or two before I really had the chance to run them on a trail where they would be noticed. After running a rough rocky trail at a good clip I went home and order rears that night. So here it is.. it depends on your riding style and terrain. If you run the rough stuff and in an area where you can get some speed on it. ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT! If you use yours as a grocery getter or ride in a place where you don't get over 10mph... you probably won't see the benefits for the $$.
I like fast grocery shopping, so what do you recommend?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Sold
The deal is done Kolton gets the fronts, Tod gets the back ones

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
been looking at the elka stage 3. also like to have some input on them vs fox
Talk to Nbomar, he's got stage 3's I have Stage 5's and I love mine

J

JTW

Congratulations guys.. I hope you enjoy them.

Ps.. I just saw a guy selling his on FB for $600 for the whole set!

Reactions: drfubar
K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations guys.. I hope you enjoy them.

Ps.. I just saw a guy selling his on FB for $600 for the whole set!
You got a link for that?I wonder what he'd sell the backs for?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm on a limb going to pull the trigger on a set of shocks. Fox or elka stage 3 decision are so hard some time. All Im after is a smooth ride on slow rocky trails and more dampening on faster trails.

Reactions: Smitty335
M

Mattyb39

Aug 12, 2016
Cranberry Township, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My ¢2: I purchased the Fox podium shocks for the front of my 2016 Deluxe 1000 a few months ago. They are worth every penny. If that doesn’t help, my wife knows nothing about the mechanics or ride comfort. She just knows it has a motor and a seat and it goes in the woods. She rode with me on the first ride after they were installed and said “it’s like riding on a cloud!” Then proceeded with, “those are just the front? When are you getting the rear shocks?” I was literally speechless with the improvement of the ride as well as my wife’s response. I will be investing in the rear shocks soon.

As far as the warranty, I was informed that Fox doesn’t want any dealers working on them any longer so within a year of purchase, if they fail, Fox will cover them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
im pulling the trigger on the fox shocks. Just couldn't justify the extra cost of the elka shocks hope ill be happy with them.im guessing the cheapest place to buy would be ebay 1399.00

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok I'm going to not make a few happy but if you search the Internet on sleds, SXS, or quads this debate goes on... Fox shocks are worth every penny and you can't tell the difference between the two.
Only in your wallet.Dont be cheap and just get front or just rears. They are designed for all four shocks and machine specific.I
Promise you will be more than impressed, satisfied and have 1200 bucks you saved.
The Elkas are very good looking shocks.
Also on the warranty issue Fox warrantys their shock if you buy them from them or a fox dealer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!