BOX1

P1000 fox shocks is it worth the money

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanking about upgrading my deluxe p1000 5. to the fox shocks that comes on the le model. Question is it worth the extra money

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
thanking about upgrading my deluxe p1000 5. to the fox shocks that comes on the le model. Question is it worth the extra money
Been studying on it myself. Everyone I've talked to says they're worth every penny.

Reactions: joeymt33
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I will sell you my set of Foxy's for a $1000.00 plus shipping they have about 250 miles on them plus or minus some I put them on for my Colorado trip.
I will be up grading to Elka 5 if these sell, if not I will keep them.

J

JTW

That's a good price on them...

So I was like all of you. I couldn't justify or decide. Finally, I bit the bullet and just bought fronts. It was a week or two before I really had the chance to run them on a trail where they would be noticed. After running a rough rocky trail at a good clip I went home and order rears that night. So here it is.. it depends on your riding style and terrain. If you run the rough stuff and in an area where you can get some speed on it. ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT! If you use yours as a grocery getter or ride in a place where you don't get over 10mph... you probably won't see the benefits for the $$.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will sell you my set of Foxy's for a $1000.00 plus shipping they have about 250 miles on them plus or minus some I put them on for my Colorado trip.
you not very happy with the fox shocks or you just feel like the stage 5 elkas are that much better??

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may be a dumb question but do Fox shocks have any kind of factory warranty??

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good lord you will like the Stage 5's and the Foxes will sell. Get Snuffs spec's and send them in with your order, spot on!

Reactions: Tigermark
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tigermark - there you go for your other ride

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
What do you not like about them and what's the advantage of the elkas vs the fox's?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What do you not like about them and what's the advantage of the elkas vs the fox's?
Rebound, high & low speed compression adjustments. Foxes, soft, medium and hard,what does that change? But over twice the price? I'm very happy with twice the price!:)

Reactions: GPR1500SC
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
This may be a dumb question but do Fox shocks have any kind of factory warranty??

Not that I am aware of.
Anybody?

you not very happy with the fox shocks or you just feel like the stage 5 elkas are that much better??

What Smitty said

around the Farm I use the softest setting 1 they ride better then stock and bottom out about the same as the stock ones, out in Colorado 2 in the front and setting 3 in the rear I always had rear passengers

With the high and low speed setting the Elka's have I hope to get a wider range of terrain out of them with having to adjust on them

Rebound, high & low speed compression adjustments. Foxes, soft, medium and hard,what does that change? But over twice the price? I'm very happy with twice the price!:)

You can pick them up in person hopefully at Rush Springs ride I am still tentatively planning to make it. :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not that I am aware of.
Anybody?

What Smitty said

around the Farm I use the softest setting 1 they ride better then stock and bottom out about the same as the stock ones, out in Colorado 2 in the front and setting 3 in the rear I always had rear passengers

With the high and low speed setting the Elka's have I hope to get a wider range of terrain out of them with having to adjust on them

You can pick them up in person hopefully at Rush Springs ride I am still tentatively planning to make it. :)
And don't forget rebound, Rocks faster rebound, sandy whoops slower rebound, Probably the most important adjustment after you get you high and low speed compression dialed in. And when I say high/low speed, thats shock shaft travel speed, it's a oxy moron, don't ask me why!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be interested in your rears only if somebody else wants the fronts

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!