drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I'm going to not make a few happy but if you search the Internet on sleds, SXS, or quads this debate goes on... Fox shocks are worth every penny and you can't tell the difference between the two.
Only in your wallet.Dont be cheap and just get front or just rears. They are designed for all four shocks and machine specific.I
Promise you will be more than impressed, satisfied and have 1200 bucks you saved.
The Elkas are very good looking shocks.
Also on the warranty issue Fox warrantys their shock if you buy them from them or a fox dealer.
I saved 2400 cause I didn't go with either. Stock with spacers all the way around.. I'm very satisfied.;)

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
im pulling the trigger on the fox shocks. Just couldn't justify the extra cost of the elka shocks hope ill be happy with them.im guessing the cheapest place to buy would be ebay 1399.00
Search around and check the reviews and ask them directly if they have the shock right their right now.some want to take your order and then they make the order and you have to wait.....I had a bad experience ordering mine and have learned the cheapest will bite you sometimes. They turned my seven hundred into a smooth ride and I'm weighing in at 2300 lbs loaded

Reactions: drfubar
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I saved 2400 cause I didn't go with either. Stock with spacers all the way around.. I'm very satisfied.;)
I went 3 years on the spacers and they work fabulously At my areas but when I went to some atv trails it was to much bouncin on The passengers and dog.
The 1000 needs them, if you are satisfied with your ride now that's cool but you are missing out my friend.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went 3 years on the spacers and they work fabulously At my areas but when I went to some atv trails it was to much bouncin on The passengers and dog.
The 1000 needs them, if you are satisfied with your ride now that's cool but you are missing out my friend.
I understand but I have to weigh the money against the benefit and the type of riding I do. More power to you fellas that add them and feel that they justify the money. ;)

Reactions: Eltobgi and swsebek
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd be interested in your rears only if somebody else wants the fronts
I my trade for a newer unit and may need them if my will fit the newer unit

J

JTW

im pulling the trigger on the fox shocks. Just couldn't justify the extra cost of the elka shocks hope ill be happy with them.im guessing the cheapest place to buy would be ebay 1399.00
Facebook has a dealer (pearl river Honda) has then for 1300 a set

Reactions: swsebek
bigsnowman

bigsnowman

FWIW....I've been running the Stage 4 Elkas for just over a year now. I usually don't run through the whoops but do run it through a little bit of everything and on hard surfaces quite a bit. And my wife also immediately noticed the difference and agreed the purchase was well worth the money. Before I ordered the shocks, I was asked may questions about the use of our Pioneer and our Stage 4s were built for us. The only adjustment I've made has been 3 clicks to slow the slow speed compression. I knew any shocks would be better than the OEs and am very glad I rolled the dice on the Elkas. Good luck!

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Management just gave me the OK for the fronts. Are they these? Decent price? I have 2016 PK5D
IMG 2282

Reactions: perry
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's my Fox shock review part 2.

The front fox shocks are great. With the spring preload in the factory position I really like the medium damping setting as it provides a smooth ride and reduced body roll.

I ran about 100 miles with the front shocks on and the stock load leveling shocks and I was bummed with the response of the load leveling shocks. In my opinion they are over spring and under dampened making them prone to jarring bumps and axle hop. Low and behold I lucked out and found a cheap set of used rear fox shocks.

Rear shock set up was a little more interesting. The PO of my shocks had the spring preload adjusted over an inch different side to side to I made a guess and set the spring preload even at 1-3/8" from the top of the shock body to the top of the adjuster jam nut. This provided a ride height about 3/4" higher than stock which was similar to the height change I had in the front. I also set the clicker adjustment to firm on the basis of my stock shocks evaluation (over sprung under dampened). My goal was to have a softer rear end with more response to motion. I'm happy. 80 miles in the sand today and it was awesome. I tried the medium setting and hated the chatter of the rear tires. Speaking of tires this was my first time out with the 28x10 Quadboss tires. I ran all morning at 16psi and lowered them to 13psi for a little better ride and more floatation in the sand. Overall I'm happy with both the shocks and tires. Of course when I switch from the wife, myself and the kiddo in the front seat to additional people or payload I may need adjustment.

IMG 20170930 111350194 HDR IMG 20170930 111404529 HDR

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's my Fox shock review part 2.

The front fox shocks are great. With the spring preload in the factory position I really like the medium damping setting as it provides a smooth ride and reduced body roll.

I ran about 100 miles with the front shocks on and the stock load leveling shocks and I was bummed with the response of the load leveling shocks. In my opinion they are over spring and under dampened making them prone to jarring bumps and axle hop. Low and behold I lucked out and found a cheap set of used rear fox shocks.

Rear shock set up was a little more interesting. The PO of my shocks had the spring preload adjusted over an inch different side to side to I made a guess and set the spring preload even at 1-3/8" from the top of the shock body to the top of the adjuster jam nut. This provided a ride height about 3/4" higher than stock which was similar to the height change I had in the front. I also set the clicker adjustment to firm on the basis of my stock shocks evaluation (over sprung under dampened). My goal was to have a softer rear end with more response to motion. I'm happy. 80 miles in the sand today and it was awesome. I tried the medium setting and hated the chatter of the rear tires. Speaking of tires this was my first time out with the 28x10 Quadboss tires. I ran all morning at 16psi and lowered them to 13psi for a little better ride and more floatation in the sand. Overall I'm happy with both the shocks and tires. Of course when I switch from the wife, myself and the kiddo in the front seat to additional people or payload I may need adjustment.

View attachment 55199 View attachment 55200
Do you have a lift kit in?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just ordered the fox shocks front and rear. Any takers on my stock ones the back are self leveling.700 miles on them

Last edited:
Reactions: Kolton
M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
got all four shocks on tonight just took it for a small ride so far very impressed with them.there on the middle setting

Reactions: Eltobgi
J

JTW

notice that. Rear was most noticeable couple turns maybe
I added 1.5” of silver showing (to the jam nut) on the front and 3/4” to the rear. I’m goig to try this for a bit and may need a little more. But with my High Lifter lift and 28” terrabites I have an even 14” of ground clearlace across the belly.

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
wonder how they will do with passengers in the back. The stock ones was load leveling not sure about the fox

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!