Fuel issue

B

Bucknasty14

Aug 23, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had a nephew of mine take the wife on a side by side cruise the other weekend when I worked.. they swamped it... we got all fluids changed multiple times.. they look good now.. was originally told they cleaned the fuel tank which I came to find out they only siphoned it out.. it ran for about 30 min b4 it died.. I took the fuel pump out and sure enough the cup in the fuel filter thingy had a bunch of mud and water as did the bottom of the tank... I cleaned the filter thing at the bottom best I could and also cleaned the tank out. Now IF it starts itll only idle, mostly with a shot of starting fluid.. I am going in between being the pump that's bad now or injectors. I have the injectors out and I get gas to the hose to them but not sure if its "enough" pressure. I guess my question is what would you think it could be? What psi should the pump be pushing? If the pump is bad, do you have to replace the whole assembly? The parts breakdown makes it look that way..

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Had a nephew of mine take the wife on a side by side cruise the other weekend when I worked.. they swamped it... we got all fluids changed multiple times.. they look good now.. was originally told they cleaned the fuel tank which I came to find out they only siphoned it out.. it ran for about 30 min b4 it died.. I took the fuel pump out and sure enough the cup in the fuel filter thingy had a bunch of mud and water as did the bottom of the tank... I cleaned the filter thing at the bottom best I could and also cleaned the tank out. Now IF it starts itll only idle, mostly with a shot of starting fluid.. I am going in between being the pump that's bad now or injectors. I have the injectors out and I get gas to the hose to them but not sure if its "enough" pressure. I guess my question is what would you think it could be? What psi should the pump be pushing? If the pump is bad, do you have to replace the whole assembly? The parts breakdown makes it look that way..
On the Talon the service manual specs 48-53 psi, I suspect the P1K is similar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!