HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Did 108 miles today on a tank . Just me on board and every speed from w f o (41) to rock crawling 2 and 4 wd from 5000' to 7500' and back down . Low fuel light was flashing from 85 miles into trip to finish . Haven't filled it up yet but I was very happy to make it back to the start area w/o having to get towed or siphon fuel from some one in our group .
Side note , when my speedo says 40 mph my gps says 36 . GPS is exact in my truck so I think it is showing correct speed .

D

Deleted member 3748

That's good info @HUCK . Looking forward to seeing how much is in the tank. Thanks!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
We went on a 60-ish mile ride today with some Can-Am and Polaris 1000s and such. We ran the Pioneer hard. It seemed like the pedal was to the floor almost all the time except when slowing for some of the turns. We were hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear regularly, etc etc. It was the hardest I ever pushed it. On the last leg of the trip the low fuel light came on. We rode another 20 minutes at 40 mph and had three medium sized water crossings coming up. I nervously made it through the water, nursing the pedal, and caught back up to the group where I was able to borrow a 1/2 gallon of gas to make it back. Basically, I went 60 miles on 4 gallons of fuel. 15 mpg... Is that what the rest of you are seeing when you run your P5 hard on sandy trails with a good amount of hills?
Haven't filled mine up yet from its 108 mile trip . As soon as I have time I am going to head to gas station (3miles) to fill it up and see how I did . Yes I am going to take some fuel with me just in case .

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
O K ! T H R E E P O I N T E I G H T G A L L O N S , O N E H U N D R E D A N D T W E L V E P O I N T S E V E N M I L E S !!!!!!!!
YUP 112.7 MILES 3.8 GALLONS ! Went on a 40 mile ride today after oil and filter change to mobile 1 , air filter clean , and full synthetic front and rear differential lube . 9/10 of a gallon . Fantastic in my opinion .

D

Deleted member 3748

**adding machine whirring in the background**

29.6 miles per gallon. Dang! That's much better than I thought we were getting. but I never did a test like you did. I'm going to try it though it may take a few weeks to get the results because I don't have any big rides planned.

I'm also going to see what my GPS speed reads compared to me speedo. My GPS speed is accurate too.

Thanks for the info, @HUCK !

Reactions: Dp5hunter
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Here is a data point from an easy ride. When I rode more challenging trails and had to stay in lower gears with higher revs, the mileage was MUCH lower, 20 MPG IIRC. I tried to find the clip in which I mentioned it but was unable to.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!