P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
It's the same material that is covering the "storage area" under the drivers side of the seat. They also put some gaskets on both sides and across the back as seen in this picture

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's the same material that is covering the "storage area" under the drivers side of the seat. They also put some gaskets on both sides and across the back as seen in this picture

View attachment 18353
Im even more pessimistic after seeing this. I have a very hard time believing this is a "fix". That done even qualify as a bandaid lol. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well crap.

I was really hoping it was something more substantial that that. I thought the info said it would take two or three hours to complete?
I would say that estimate is financially motivated lol. You need to come down and ride Bull Run with us. You'll leave thinking your 1000 is the best investment you ever made.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Im even more pessimistic after seeing this. I have a very hard time believing this is a "fix". That done even qualify as a bandaid lol. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

I concur.

Unless that is some sort of a heat resistant/heat absorbing super material I don't see how it is really any better than just putting some window shade material on it.

That is kind of a letdown.

Thank you for posting the pictures whayden.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would say that estimate is financially motivated lol. You need to come down and ride Bull Run with us. You'll leave thinking your 1000 is the best investment you ever made.

I am taking my brother and my wife for a short trip this weekend for his birthday, first time with the back seats folded up. If we have as much fun as I hope with it, I will overlook the flaws.

I really hope that the heat doesn't cook my wife. Luckily she is small and cold natured. :)

That is why I was hoping this would be in a different place.

Reactions: joeymt33
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, it's not as much of a fix as I hoped either, but it might work better than we think. Plus, it's a factory fix and I am anal about having my machine stock. This fix also doesn't mean we can't still use the other ideas mentioned as they should work together and be that much better.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC

View attachment 18353
I made a similar change like this gasket to mine a couple of months ago.
I noticed some heat coming in that way - but only after I insulated the plastic. The plastic was so hot I didn't notice this bit of hot air seeping in. Gotta fix the big things first - then worry about a little bits.

Anyway - I'm not getting rid of my blower yet.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Just got back from riding the fence line. Took the wife with. The problem I was having was more a steam when we hit this low spot on the fence row. It's always wet. Before when I rode thru it I would get steam rising up my back. Doesn't do it at all anymore. At all. Second complaint was the center of the seat would be unbearable. Make no mistake it's still hot. But not ridiculous. I was keeping my mouth shut as we was riding,but I swore it was quieter. When we got to the back the wife said on her own she thought it was. Also before after the ride we would stop and just hang out the pond. This is when I would get uncomfortable. Wasn't as bad today. No for the bad news. It was only 85 degrees or so. So more riding when it gets hot again will tell the story. All in all at least they did something. I am very happy with the whole process. Dropped it off Thursday after lunch picked it up today at 2. That is service like I have never seen from Honda.

advertisement
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Just got back from riding the fence line. Took the wife with. The problem I was having was more a steam when we hit this low spot on the fence row. It's always wet. Before when I rode thru it I would get steam rising up my back. Doesn't do it at all anymore. At all. Second complaint was the center of the seat would be unbearable. Make no mistake it's still hot. But not ridiculous. I was keeping my mouth shut as we was riding,but I swore it was quieter. When we got to the back the wife said on her own she thought it was. Also before after the ride we would stop and just hang out the pond. This is when I would get uncomfortable. Wasn't as bad today. No for the bad news. It was only 85 degrees or so. So more riding when it gets hot again will tell the story. All in all at least they did something. I am very happy with the whole process. Dropped it off Thursday after lunch picked it up today at 2. That is service like I have never seen from Honda.
Thats great - another piece of the heat puzzle. I think I'll go for it.

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I rode my today with my heat gun and the air coming out of the shifter hole was 155 deg thats BS and here the kicker it was 68 to 76 deg today in moran WY. the heat gun was on the floor at the driver feet and it was about 135 or so going slow and drop to 115 when you were going about 25mph or so. they need to redirect the radiator air flow. Could keep going but its getting hot in here. LOL

ride long its fun perry

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
Next time we ride @joeymt33 and @Delton I want to try that mud hole that Joey got stuck in, I believe I can make it. I should have tried it, but I will next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next time we ride @joeymt33 and @Delton I want to try that mud hole that Joey got stuck in, I believe I can make it. I should have tried it, but I will next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe Joey just got called out!

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did get called out, by Pioneer 700! And that 700 is actually the one that I built and sold to @DGann. So with that said, if he beats me, that's not too bad.
Sounds like a mud hole war to me lol. We could always use that nasty hole for a challenge. Whoever goes the farthest wins lol.

Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just called, no more kits! They have sent all that were made out and are now going to wait and see how they do before moving forward. Will see!

advertisement