Talon Gas Containers

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello All,

New R owner here and will pick it up next week!

I have a enclosed car trailer and am getting it ready to haul the new toy. Was wondering what kind of setup you are using for gas storage. What works best and photos are always appreciated.

Thx!

A7BA5810 FE44 4F84 8B4B 8B24F061CDD1 65FF276A 1587 4482 B236 5FC0D30F36F1

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club! My buddy uses racing style fuel containers, has been for years. Btw nice ride!

Reactions: TalonMatt and BWAF
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SureCans are REALLY nice, I have (4) 5Gallon they don’t vent when they are sealed, they don’t spill, they are very easy to use, the spout is sealed and flexible. It’s really easy to fill any tank with them.

They are more expensive than the gubment safety can torture devices you get at Walmart, but I will buy no other 2.5 or 5 Gallon can EVER.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I built an 18" high stand and mounted this gravity tank vertically in the front of my enclosed trailer (weight to floor with straps to wall). It is legal in my state, but you would want to be sure legal in your state. I have the 15 gallon with hand pump in my garage but it leaks when pumps & is much bigger to boot. This one takes a little while to fill your car, but I just drive up beside car and fill out side door. Way easier than cans. I can fill from side door at station. I get about 12.5 gallon of the 14 out easily. It has hand pump on hose that you squeeze to start the siphon.

If you are talking on UTV, then Rotoplex 1.75-gallon tank. Have to get creative to mount, but work good.

Flo n' Go Duramax Gas Caddy — 14-Gallon, Poly, Model# 06792 | Northern Tool + Equipment

Reactions: TalonMatt and BWAF
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
D

dankathyc

Feb 6, 2019
hurricane ut
Ownership

1. Other Brand
For extended stays I use a 55 gallon drum and a hand pump, pump into a 5 gallon "utility" jug to fill the tallon. 2 1/2 gallon fuel pax gets us all the range want. Just use two five gallon jugs for shorter trips. I plan to burn six to seven gallons a day average.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The SureCans are REALLY nice, I have (4) 5Gallon they don’t vent when they are sealed, they don’t spill, they are very easy to use, the spout is sealed and flexible. It’s really easy to fill any tank with them.

They are more expensive than the gubment safety can torture devices you get at Walmart, but I will buy no other 2.5 or 5 Gallon can EVER.

Ditto on the SURECAN, got 4 of the 5 gallon and 1 2.5 gal. Their square shape and low center of gravity make for easy packing one for long rides, just bungee to corner of the bed.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
by the way, if you watch for sales and use their coupons, you can get the flo n go for about $100 at Northern tool. Yes it is gravity fed and you have to squeeze the handle to START the siphon. I have a similar hand crank pump on my other one in my garage and it leaks around the pump about 1/2 the time (maybe just mine) and I don't want to risk it in closed trailer. Hand crank is faster

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
by the way, if you watch for sales and use their coupons, you can get the flo n go for about $100 at Northern tool. Yes it is gravity fed and you have to squeeze the handle to START the siphon. I have a similar hand crank pump on my other one in my garage and it leaks around the pump about 1/2 the time (maybe just mine) and I don't want to risk it in closed trailer. Hand crank is faster

haven’t gotten the one from amazon, I’m not sure how the return would go. If it’s like the Optima I bought from them that lost its ability to hold a good charge, they’ll probably tell me to keep it once it has had gas in it since it can’t be shipped.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok you made me go back and read ALL the reviews that arksen is apparently not that great I canceled the order. I’ll just buy a couple more sure cans.

Reactions: BigOL3
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
the 14 gallon 1 doesnt like the sun at all. the type and thickness of plastic at the bends makes it not last long in the sun. when i got mine i took the nozzle off and put a ball valve at the end. total time about a year in the bed of my truck and a year under my porch. then the crack showed up. i have a 5 gallon one thats been under my porch for 7 yrs. of the regular ole rectangle looking ones

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
another option is below. I have one for wife to use (she can bad wrists and can't handle a 5-gallon can to pour) to fill mower if I am not around. It will only fit the newer California style necks on gas cans (not the good older cans with vents) but works well. Only issue is a little messy when moving from can to can (you pull out the pickup hose and it drips). It leaves about 1/4-1/2 gallon when it stop pumping. Batterys last several years of normal use. I have used it to fill Talon inside garage and works great. Have also used with snowmobiles out of back of truck in winter.

https://www.amazon.com/TERAPUMP-3rd-Gen-Transfer-Auto-Stop/dp/B010GNM7H4?tag=sxsweb24-20

These spouts work on new style too if just looking to improve the new cans
3PACK Can Spouts Nozzle Self-Venting Fuel Can Spout Kit with Gasket Stopper Cap | eBay

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok you made me go back and read ALL the reviews that arksen is apparently not that great I canceled the order. I’ll just buy a couple more sure cans.
Yep, I had previously read them. When looking at reviews I always check the % of "1" first, then 2-3. When more than 10% for '1' or 25% for 1-3 ...... run Forrest run!

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I had previously read them. When looking at reviews I always check the % of "1" first, then 2-3. When more than 10% for '1' or 25% for 1-3 ...... run Forrest run!
It was a solid 3star with a larger number of reviews, which isn’t bad if the standard deviation is low.but wow there were a lot of 1’s and 5’s!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!!

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
if you get the jugs, besure to get a couple of the hose benders. Hard to pour slow with those jugs, but easier with the curved hose

Reactions: TalonMatt

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!