CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’d run E-0 if I could find it but I can’t. Colorado was one of the first states to mandate ethanol fuels way back in 1988 If I remember correctly. :mad:

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I always run pure gas in all my atvs and other small engines, and most of the time in my on road vehicles.

It pisses me off that we subsidize ethanol with tax credits, when we have all the oil we need, and the oil industry pays a lot of taxes and employs a lot of people.

I also wonder if many years from now when they are discussing the era of ethanol production (mostely from grain) for powering our vehicles, someone will point out that when people in this country and other countries were going hungry, we were taking an important food source and turning it into fuel, even though we had plenty of oil and gas.

Sorry about getting political

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
At hone. I run regular.
When going on adventure I run 91.
I have ran a tank or 2 of non E.
Meh.. stick to regular unless it plans to sit for a while.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
In your opinions is ethanol free gas overkill, especially if your machine is out on the trail weekly?
ABSOLUTELY 100 % ! Been running regular gas (whatever) for 50 years ! Never an issue in anything . MX bikes , enduro bikes ,trials bikes , 3 wheeler , quads , SXSs . If they are designed to run on premium ok they get it BUT THEY ALL GET UN LEADED .
I do add fuel stabilizer to my bought new 1979 Honda XR because sometimes it may not get ridden for a year and with that nasty leaded gas , after a year it sometimes will take 5 kicks to get it running . LOL

Last edited:
OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
In your opinions is ethanol free gas overkill, especially if your machine is out on the trail weekly?
If you run your motors several hours weekly no need to run ethanol free. BUT if you let it sit for a week or more it’s worth every penny you spend! I also add fuel stabilizer (SEA FOAM) if setting for couple weeks or more. A ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure!🤔

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ABSOLUTELY 100 % ! Been running regular gas (whatever) for 50 years ! Never an issue in anything . MX bikes , enduro bikes ,trials bikes , 3 wheeler , quads , SXSs . If they are designed to run on premium ok they get it BUT THEY ALL GET LEADED .
I do add fuel stabilizer to my bought new 1979 Honda XR because sometimes it may not get ridden for a year and with that nasty leaded gas , after a year it sometimes will take 5 kicks to get it running . LOL

Did you mean to say, "leaded"?

All car fuel, E10, E5 etc. is lead free. The only leaded fuel still available, that I'm aware of, is 100LL aviation fuel. the LL stands for Low Lead, but it's anything but that. The lead would quickly damage catalytic converters etc.

I'm thinking you meant to say "ethanol".

I also use ethanol free gas in my small motors.

R

rickoshea

i run marked no ethanol premium aka farm gas in all my non road vehicles/equipment.it's only a couple cents more than non ethanol regular up here.why pay road tax on fuel if it's not being used on the road?

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ethanol free gas is definitely NOT overkill. The only thing I run ethanol in is my truck. Boat motor, UTV, chainsaw, lawnmower, weed eater, etc. all run on premium non ethanol gas, treated with Yamaha Ring Free.
Non ethanol gas is cheap insurance IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I run Mid grade ethanol gas in all my machines. Not cuz I like the ethanol, cuz the non is expensive as hell! At least around here! 4-5$ a gallon around here! Lets face it, With gas going up faster than the Biden vote count at 2am election night, It digs in the ole pocket book pretty hard! So If im not using my machines and/or storing them, i use additives like sea foam for example to neutralize the gas to help with corrosion and gumming. Been doing that many yrs and Haven't had an issue.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!