P1000 Gas peddle very jerky

T

Tpdbill

Oct 11, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else seems to think the throttle is very jerky at low speed or when trying to take off slow. If so any suggestions on a fix. I have been able to adjust better than my wife when she is driving it around the yard. I ask the dealer and he said that's just the way they are and I should try driving it in low and see if that makes it any better. Any suggestions or is it something that takes practice. Thanks

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else seems to think the throttle is very jerky at low speed or when trying to take off slow. If so any suggestions on a fix. I have been able to adjust better than my wife when she is driving it around the yard. I ask the dealer and he said that's just the way they are and I should try driving it in low and see if that makes it any better. Any suggestions or is it something that takes practice. Thanks
You need to practice more. Try giving it more gas that helps you need to push the peddle harder when you take off then let off a little and it should smooth out. If you don't give it enough gas then the clutch will engage and disengage making it jerk.

Reactions: Tpdbill and sharp

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It does take a little getting used to. The best way I've found is to make sure your (or her) heel is resting firmly on the floor and pivot your ankle for throttle input. Heel up doesn't work because of the feedback loop that's created. Press the gas...machine accelerates, which pulls your foot away from the pedal, so the machine slows....which jams your foot into the pedal again, so the machine accelerates, which pulls your foot away from the pedal, so the machine slows....which jams your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, ad nauseam.

Last edited:
T

Tpdbill

Oct 11, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I was thinking of trying one of those throttle max, but I wanted to see if anyone else may be having the same problem and that helped before I spent $80 on something that didn't help that particular issue. Yes I agree More practice always helps. I have over 35 years of practice with 3 wheelers, four wheelers, dirt bikes and motorcycles but this sxs is my first one I've ever owned.

T

Tpdbill

Oct 11, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It does take a little getting used to. The best way I've found is to make sure your (or her) heel is resting firmly on the floor and pivot your ankle for throttle input. Heel up doesn't work because of the feedback loop that's created. Press the gas...machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal, so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....if you're still reading this...you have waaaay too much time on your hands.
I guess you having the time to write all that shows you too have to much time on your hands.. lol.. i did get a laugh out of it

Reactions: 0860silverado
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It does take a little getting used to. The best way I've found is to make sure your (or her) heel is resting firmly on the floor and pivot your ankle for throttle input. Heel up doesn't work because of the feedback loop that's created. Press the gas...machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal, so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows.... jamming your foot into the pedal so the machine accelerates, pulling your foot away from the pedal so the machine slows....if you're still reading this...you have waaaay too much time on your hands.[/QUOT
You need A doctor and A job

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess you having the time to write all that shows you too have to much time on your hands.. lol.. i did get a laugh out of it
Yeah... "copy" and "paste" made it way too easy. Imma edit it down so I don't waste our fellow club members' time. Beers make everything funny but...nah. But thanks for liking bro!

Last edited:

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah... "copy" and "paste" made it way too easy. Imma edit it down so I don't waste our fellow club member's time. Beers make everything funny but...nah. But thanks for liking bro!
There...Edited to a respectable and helpful post.

Reactions: Tpdbill
advertisement

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have one doctor and four jobs! This is as good as it gets lol!
/QUOTE]

Reactions: Tpdbill
J

JTW

I’ve never noticed it being that jerky.. there’s a noticeable difference between machines it seems. @Plumber32 drove mine and commented that it felt much different than his.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For you guys that have adjustable shocks, turn the low speed compression all the way firm and the lurching will stop for new drivers. Turn it to fill soft and it will lurch bad for new drivers.

I’m definitely not saying this is a fix but it shows it is the motion of the vehicle that affects your throttle control. This is just something I noticed a while back.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Throttle MAXX helps or you can make your own.

I am really happy with throttle max, it made it really easier to throttle slow. The best reason was long halls on my ankle.

LANDMAN is right to save money try making one from a T-strap hing from the hardware store. At least it will only set you back a couple of bucks but you will be able to see if it helps the "jerky" action.

Another thought might be the return spring or cable getting bound up. Does it seem like you have to push and push the throttle and then it jerks or jumps forward?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure your throttle cable is adjusted correctly. Mine had too much play. Yours might not have enough. It's in the owners manual very easy to do. I prefer mine with slightly less play seamed smoother.

T

Tpdbill

Oct 11, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am really happy with throttle max, it made it really easier to throttle slow. The best reason was long halls on my ankle.

LANDMAN is right to save money try making one from a T-strap hing from the hardware store. At least it will only set you back a couple of bucks but you will be able to see if it helps the "jerky" action.

Another thought might be the return spring or cable getting bound up. Does it seem like you have to push and push the throttle and then it jerks or jumps forward?
Yeah, the pedal is very stiff.

T

Tpdbill

Oct 11, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure your throttle cable is adjusted correctly. Mine had too much play. Yours might not have enough. It's in the owners manual very easy to do. I prefer mine with slightly less play seamed smoother.
I'll try that, thanks

T

Tpdbill

Oct 11, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everybody, now I have a few ideas to try..

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tpdbill
Where in Ohio are you?
Here is a screenshot of the throttle adjustments.
Capture5

advertisement