P1000 Gas tank vent dripping?

C

Cooterbob

Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone know what would cause my extended gas vent line to drip gas? It is extended up to top of roll cage. Thanks

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Do you have the line lower than the vent nipple on the tank anywhere? Might have gas collecting in the line and expansion causing it to push out?

D

dewitt

Jul 3, 2017
Hattiesburg, Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did today while riding, a heavy gas smell and I could see the fumes coming out. I think I will extend the line all the way to the rear of the vehicle. I don't want it dripping in my passengers.

Reactions: BWAF
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
All my vents were extended to the roof by the dealer. After I installed a rear panel I can smell the fumes a little from time to time. The only time I had it drip was because I overfilled the gas tank, and it has to go somewhere.

Reactions: BWAF and dewitt
D

dewitt

Jul 3, 2017
Hattiesburg, Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All my vents were extended to the roof by the dealer. After I installed a rear panel I can smell the fumes a little from time to time. The only time I had it drip was because I overfilled the gas tank, and it has to go somewhere.
good point, I had just filled mine up. going to see what happens after I ride some more.

Reactions: BWAF and YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Filling at the pump it will puke because the pump puts it in faster than it can vent. With a fuel can you add more, and if the passenger side is higher than the drivers side you can get a lot more in. Works great for long rides, but you can't burn it fast enough to keep it from venting. Just my experience though, so I could be wrong.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
removed mine as I had the same problem

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah check for any low spots that can hold fuel and not allow it to drain back and also tie wraps to tight. As for as fumes on the 5 seaters if you pu the fuel vent into the open end of top horizontal bar that extends to the back just behind where it meets the middle bar you won’t have any fumes. On the 3 seater I suggest drilling hole for that vent tube to stick into the bar at the top. I have 1500 miles on my vent kit extension. Have yet to have fine issues or dripping and it’s been on its passenger side twice.

Reactions: Cooterbob and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!