Talon GPS/Tablet Mount

Chieftain15

Chieftain15

Oct 5, 2019
Orange County, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a Samsung Tab 10.1" that I want to use as a GPS unit but having a tough time finding a functional yet economical mounting solution. Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?

Reactions: BWAF
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Here’s the only one I have right now.
DC1EE6CC 40F5 41E0 92A3 54948550CFE4
View attachment 164781

Reactions: Chieftain15
Chieftain15

Chieftain15

Oct 5, 2019
Orange County, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yeah I'm leaning more towards the Arkon mount with a ball mount and extension arm. I wish Rockform had a tablet mount I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve seen a lot of tablets mounted off the passenger grab handle in rzrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
I tried mounting my 8" tablet on the roll bar, but found it a lot better for me to be mounted lower between the gauges and grab handle because of the focal point of my bifocals. It is mounted with a locking RAM Mount and a security nut on the RAM arm. I added a switch panel after the photo was taken and it is not in the way.

Gpsmount s

Last edited:
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
8" Samsung tablet in generic case, RAM Mounts off of top rollbar that puts it right where rearview mirror would be. I can easily check my GPS at a glance and keep rockin' down the trail. ZERO mount related issues despite enthusiastic trail riding, it just stays put. RAM is one of the few buy-once, cry-once products I recommend, I learned long ago with my Jeep bashing through the CA desert that they were worth every penny.

If you use the RAM site to get the part numbers for the individual pieces you need for your mount, you can find them cheaper elsewhere, or perhaps Amazon free shipping. For that size tablet, use the mounts with the larger ball, something like 1.3" diameter.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I tried mounting my 8" tablet on the roll bar, but found it a lot better for me to be mounted lower between the gauges and grab handle because of the focal point of my bifocals. It is mounted with a locking RAM Mount and a security nut on the RAM arm. I added a switch panel after the photo was taken and it is not in the way.

View attachment 164805

Could you provide some info on what you're using as a backup camera system? I have my 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 mounted in, essentially, the same location and it works great.

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
Camera connects to wifi transmitter via supplied cable for video and power. The tablet receives video from the wifi transmitter via wifi. The wifi transmitter requires 12v power. You will need to download a free app from the Play Store.
The devices come with several cables of different configurations. $58 from Amazon for both pieces.

I like having the tablet running full screen GPS so I am experimenting with running the camera app on an old smartphone mounted on the roll bar. You will want to power the wifi transmitter with power that is not powered through the ignition switch since it needs to reconnect wifi when power is supplied to it. I power mine via a switch in my switch panel.

The camera can be flush or surface mounted. I mounted the wifi transmitter in the air filter compartment.

Reverse Backup Camera,RAAYOO L002 2-in-1 Universal Car Front/Side/Rear View Camera,2 Installation Options,Removable Guildlines,mirror non-mirror image,12V only

https://www.amazon.com/RAAYOO-Unive...ines-non-mirror/dp/B074P45P7G?tag=sxsweb24-20
Upload 2019 11 11 16 52 44$18

Youmei Car Backup Camera Realtime Video WiFi Transmitter for iPhone iPad Andriod Phone and Pad

https://www.amazon.com/Youmei-Backup-Realtime-Transmitter-Andriod/dp/B072Z478JV/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Upload 2019 11 11 16 56 42 $40

Reactions: TimG and stellarpod
B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
8" Samsung tablet in generic case, RAM Mounts off of top rollbar that puts it right where rearview mirror would be. I can easily check my GPS at a glance and keep rockin' down the trail. ZERO mount related issues despite enthusiastic trail riding, it just stays put. RAM is one of the few buy-once, cry-once products I recommend, I learned long ago with my Jeep bashing through the CA desert that they were worth every penny.

If you use the RAM site to get the part numbers for the individual pieces you need for your mount, you can find them cheaper elsewhere, or perhaps Amazon free shipping. For that size tablet, use the mounts with the larger ball, something like 1.3" diameter.
Mounted mine to the left of my rearview mirror. Works great and I can swing it down and use as a sun visor.

pete_plp

pete_plp

Feb 15, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Hi,

I thought sharing my setup as I got inspired by some of the posts here:

Im using a Samsung tabA 8” for the gps chip and decided to go with an Otterbox Defender case (as I found a refurbished- like new for 12$ instead of 69$) over an Akron adhesive and ram mount. I glued the Arkon directly on the outside case

I will see the long term durability but for now, its working good and offer a “lean” look ;)

Cheers,

5E001134 4038 46C2 8B85 1DCEAFF8F330
D87B56CB A476 4579 BBD9 70244998BBDF

2122A7F9 A534 4190 AF66 DEBCCA82727C

812870E2 7DEB 4F47 91CA FD456ADCA553
Links

Otterbox box :
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.0-2018 Version) - Retail Packaging - Black, Model Number: 77-61125 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JN2R4P7/?tag=sxsweb24-20

RAM 1 inch ball mount:
RAM Diamond Ball Base https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KO5XVU?tag=sxsweb24-20

Ram small double socket:
RAM Composite Double Socket Arm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KWPJ04?tag=sxsweb24-20

Arkon adhesive base:
Arkon 70mm Extra Strength VHB... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRT7KCA?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!