• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Ground Clearance

Discussion in 'General Pioneer 700 Discussion' started by nutmeg, Jul 23, 2013.

1. nutmeg

nutmeg New Member

I was just looking at specs on the 2014 Rincon and then the 2014 Pioneer. I noticed the Pioneer has more ground clearance then the Rincon.
    I said, That is good. I have seen many Rincon's with far enough ground clearance. I think the Pioneer will be OK in this category.

Pioneer has 10.3 inches at factory.
    Rincon has 9.2 inches at factory.

I then said. What about a factory Can-am or RZR... what do they come with at factory.
    Here are other 800 cc class sxs's and there ground clearances.

Polaris RZR S 800 - 12.5
    Polaris Ranger 800- 12 inches
    Can-am Commander 800 - 11 inches

2. Hondasxs

Hondasxs Club Founder
    Staff Member Moderator Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Thanks Nutmeg for the info.

You forgot to list the Big Red which has 10.3 inches.

Ya, your right. 2 inches is not really that much between the Pioneer and the other guys. I do think 10.3 will be enough for the normal rider. Now someone looking to turn it into a mud machine will say different. Once you add some 27" tires you are looking at close to a foot of clearance. A lift kit will just make it more. and give it a year and there will be extreme lift kits with even more for those mudders.