Ground Clearance

N

nutmeg

Jun 15, 2013
I was just looking at specs on the 2014 Rincon and then the 2014 Pioneer. I noticed the Pioneer has more ground clearance then the Rincon.
I said, That is good. I have seen many Rincon's with far enough ground clearance. I think the Pioneer will be OK in this category.

Pioneer has 10.3 inches at factory.
Rincon has 9.2 inches at factory.

I then said. What about a factory Can-am or RZR... what do they come with at factory.
Here are other 800 cc class sxs's and there ground clearances.

Polaris RZR S 800 - 12.5
Polaris Ranger 800- 12 inches
Can-am Commander 800 - 11 inches

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks Nutmeg for the info.

You forgot to list the Big Red which has 10.3 inches.

Ya, your right. 2 inches is not really that much between the Pioneer and the other guys. I do think 10.3 will be enough for the normal rider. Now someone looking to turn it into a mud machine will say different. Once you add some 27" tires you are looking at close to a foot of clearance. A lift kit will just make it more. and give it a year and there will be extreme lift kits with even more for those mudders.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!