Calendar Group ride Mulberry Mountian [Feb 7, 2019] (Mulberry mountain lodge)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was unaware
Thanks for deleting, Majority of the rangers are good but there is one in every crowd. I'll give you an example and I think you will see why we are cautious.

A little over a year ago I was attending a local trail system clean up day - A law that was pretty confusing had just passed (since removed) about SXS travel on blacktop - the organizer of the trail clean up invited the local rangers out and asked if they would be available for a Q&A with the group - especially due to the confusion of the new law and they agreed and jumped at the chance ...

Come trail clean up day the ranger who had agreed to come and answer questions could not make it due to a family situation - understandable. Fast forward to end of day - we comeback from a day of trail cleanup... sxs's filled with trash + we had helped trim back the branches etc.... another ranger was there (in the bushes) and busted like 10 people several for exactly what everyone was confused about.

Now needless to say that incident left a very bad impression on the rangers - we invited you to speak, we said the law was confusing, we are out there cleaning up the trail (less work for ranger) and your going to not attend but send someone down to lie in wait to bust everyone.... so we err on side of caution. that ranger was not with the ranger that was invited to speak (the range invited to speak was pissed when he found out) the ranger who busted everyone stated he only found out about the event because it was posted on FB..

Also what we have found out here is that posting pic (mainly taking on FB) of you riding your SXS in a creek will also get a trail closed down... you are allowed to cross the creek at designated spots but not drive up and down.... If you drive 100 in a 35mph zone and don't get caught ok, but if you post video of you doing in on FB there could be repercussions

the difficult thing to navigate is they will close trails all the time and never put a sign or tree down - but they like to go sit on these trails and bust people for being on them - they will quickly remind you to follow their MVUM map (?) but that is not easy to read only trails marked on there are legal.. that said the best trails are not on that map

I don't want to scare anyone off from coming or make you think I am a rules stickler - those that have ridden with me know. I just want you all to have the "picture so you can make decisions for yourself and you don't get into a situation where you say " wish I had known that before"
All likelihood we will not even see a ranger and if we do they ride a popo with blue lights and I would bet @Smitty335 might try and make a run for it and take the heat off the rest of us...

Generally most the experiences with the rangers are positive. Many incidents of a group being on an illegal trail and the ranger only writing one person a ticket and telling everyone else to chip in to pay for. Like with any other situation treat them with respect and don't be a donkey - they will return the same.

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Really? How’s that work, what state agency is doing that?? Seems very odd to me to see such cooperation. :D
What I see is more game wardens out patrolling than forest rangers. I think forest rangers are busy going back and forth to the parks. But they will work together.

Reactions: BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What I see is more game wardens out patrolling than forest rangers. I think forest rangers are busy going back and forth to the parks. But they will work together.
Oh I see, mission creep. :D

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Oh I see, mission creep. :D
During deer season I had a place a used to hunt that I wanted to check out. I could see my truck with a game warden parked beside it. Ramp was up on the trailer but tire tracks from the sxs were around it. And I knew the trail I was on was illegal. So I left the sxs and walked out. When I got to the truck a forest ranger was there too. They questioned me about it. Went back that night to get the sxs.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
During deer season I had a place a used to hunt that I wanted to check out. I could see my truck with a game warden parked beside it. Ramp was up on the trailer but tire tracks from the sxs were around it. And I knew the trail I was on was illegal. So I left the sxs and walked out. When I got to the truck a forest ranger was there too. They questioned me about it. Went back that night to get the sxs.
Well, I can understand a game warden questioning a guy out hunting. But off season groups out joy riding who clearly aren’t hunting...:rolleyes:

Rocket

Rocket

Rocket
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
No worries man. Just trying to look out for the group. Being local we have some insight into how things go around here. Looking forward to meeting ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I sure didn’t mean to kick a snake!

With all the posts about how the state benifits from atv/UTV I would have thought that the rangers were cooler

Daymond

Daymond

Apr 25, 2018
Magazine, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Guys, I should be able to make it up for Saturday. Couple of questions that I am sure are somewhere in this post, but since I will be coming up Saturday are we all leaving form mulberry mountain campground? Will I need to pay a parking charge to park and put in without camping? Will I be able to pay that morning or will I need to do it ahead of time?

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey Guys, I should be able to make it up for Saturday. Couple of questions that I am sure are somewhere in this post, but since I will be coming up Saturday are we all leaving form mulberry mountain campground? Will I need to pay a parking charge to park and put in without camping? Will I be able to pay that morning or will I need to do it ahead of time?
It’s $5.00 per person to park at the lodges parking lot adjacent to the store/office and head to the trailhead. The $3.00 trail fee is collected at the trailhead when you go out.

Rocket

Rocket

Rocket
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

Most of us (if not all) are staying at mulberry camp ,, all the cabins and all the rvs will probably be our group!! Look for someone riding a HONDA!! :) or Captain Jack!!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most of us (if not all) are staying at mulberry camp ,, all the cabins and all the rvs will probably be our group!! Look for someone riding a HONDA!! :) or Captain Jack!!

There will be other folks there for sure. It’s always got people there. I will have the Hondasxs flag up and there will be s banner hung somewhere close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks, went to Red Lobster for dinner, it was great! I usually don't like chain restaurants, but have always had good sea food there?
Take mama to Ruth’s Chris in Rogers for her birthday, and stay the night at the Embassy Suites next door with the hot tubs and massages, you’ll get lucky. :D:D

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Take mama to Ruth’s Chris in Rogers for her birthday, and stay the night at the Embassy Suites next door with the hot tubs and massages, you’ll get lucky. :D:D
Heck Smitty's already getting lucky!!!!! She let's him stay around!!!!:D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We ate at Ruth's Chris a few weeks ago in Rogers, Melissa and I ordered the filet, I had a martini before the the steaks were served, took two bites of my steak and quit. Thought the Martini may have messed with my test buds, I decided not to complain because I didn't want to ruin Melissa's evening and then I noticed she had done the same, we were both enjoying each's company and didn't want to screw it up. We took them home. The next day we warmed them up gently, same awful taste, fed the high dollar steaks to the pups, I know restaurants can have a off night, but this was the worst steak I ever tried to eat, e-mailed the manager couple days later and told him about the steaks and he told me that they had a different meat supplier that week and had a bunch of complaints. Before we go back there, they will have to get there act together.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
advertisement