Calendar Group ride Mulberry Mountian [Feb 7, 2019] (Mulberry mountain lodge)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
After we do mulberry again, we need to hit buckhorn. It’s the next big thing in Arkansas. The only trail system in the state that is growing. The guy putting it all together is working with the state representatives for a way to connect buckhorn, mulberry/mill creek/ and Mack’s. If that happens that will be huge. The things he is doing now is pretty great. They have a Facebook page to follow. Make sure and follow it. “Buckhorn OHV Trail Riders”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this trail system cross Lee Creek? Are there caves and waterfalls? What are these muffler silencers or end cap requirements for that trail system that Rider Planet is talking about. Also, is there an RV camp ground at or near the trail head?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The reason I was asking about a head count is because we normally have one night we have a group meal. I have about 50 crappie fillets I could bring, but not a fryer big enough to feed everyone.
Most people are probably familiar with a guy about to thousand years ago who showed up at a group ride with five loaves and two fishes.....(maybe the story was a little different)....
Anyway ... my experience with this crowd is that if someone says I have fifty crappie .... hush puppies... slaw...ham... chicken ...ribs....will show up in great abundance ....

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does this trail system cross Lee Creek? Are there caves and waterfalls? What are these muffler silencers or end cap requirements for that trail system that Rider Planet is talking about. Also, is there an RV camp ground at or near the trail head?
I never actually stayed at mulberry.... but I think they have an abundance of RV spots... I also think there are trails connecting to several areas right out of the camp ....
We need another expert to show up and set the story straight...

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Most people are probably familiar with a guy about to thousand years ago who showed up at a group ride with five loaves and two fishes.....(maybe the story was a little different)....
Anyway ... my experience with this crowd is that if someone says I have fifty crappie .... hush puppies... slaw...ham... chicken ...ribs....will show up in great abundance ....
The reason I was asking about a head count is because we normally have one night we have a group meal. I have about 50 crappie fillets I could bring, but not a fryer big enough to feed everyone.
Lets just plan on a group meal Saturday night. I've got a fryer big enough for the crappie and whatever anyone wants to throw in it.

Like pilgrim said I bet more will show up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok everyone the RSVP is setup on the first post. Please enter your name and # of people attending.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yea I know it crosses lee creek. I’m sure it has caves and such. I don’t know the area that well yet. People do dry camp at the trailhead and it’s a big smooth and level gravel lot. Devils den is close by but they don’t allow sxs ridden on the roads in the state park. You would need to trailer to the trailhead everyday.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I never actually stayed at mulberry.... but I think they have an abundance of RV spots... I also think there are trails connecting to several areas right out of the camp ....
We need another expert to show up and set the story straight...
Hey old man :D, I was talking Buckhorn. I’ve camped in the Mulberry RV Park many a time.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yea I know it crosses lee creek. I’m sure it has caves and such. I don’t know the area that well yet. People do dry camp at the trailhead and it’s a big smooth and level gravel lot. Devils den is close by but they don’t allow sxs ridden on the roads in the state park. You would need to trailer to the trailhead everyday.

Thanks for the info. No knowledge about the silencers/end caps restrictions that’s posted on RP???

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info. No knowledge about the silencers/end caps restrictions that’s posted on RP???
Spark arrester is required there like I think It might be in all National Forest - the silencer / end cap listed on RP appears to be in reference to that.
Upload 2018 12 3 11 31 34

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@MRSNEOHIO and I are talking about attending. Just need to put in for time off from work, then figure out a 1/2 way point to stop while travelling. Right around 1,000miles and 14 1/2hrs driving to attend. I'm not sure she will want to do that all in one day.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Spark arrester is required there like I think It might be in all National Forest - the silencer / end cap listed on RP appears to be in reference to that.
View attachment 96202
Ok, well I could see that a spark arrester was checked as required, just like it is on so many of the trail systems that they report on, I just hadn’t noticed a specific footnote to silencer/end cap before, nor have I even heard of that terminology, so I just wanted to be certain. Thank you!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, well I could see that a spark arrester was checked as required, just like it is on so many of the trail systems that they report on, I just hadn’t noticed a specific footnote to silencer/end cap before, nor have I even heard of that terminology, so I just wanted to be certain. Thank you!
With factory exhaust you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have no clue. I just go ride. If I get pulled over I’m just a dumb redneck.

Rocket

Rocket

Rocket
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Looking for a little input on getting together the first weekend of February. I have been asked to see how much interest there is. Looking at NW Arkansas or Oklahoma areas. Here's a few, Any other suggestions? remember we need RV sites and cabins or motels relatively close.

Mulberry Mountain Mulberry Mountain Lodge | Ozark Cabins - Arkansas Lodging

[RSVP=15708]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

BigOL3 - 1
JTW - 1 - No rides given without registration!
Kilo427 - 1
Landman - 2
my99svt - 2 - In my RV
Rocket - 2 - We B Camping ⛺️
Smitty335 - 1
Tigermark - 1 - Rooming with Plumber
Tramguage1 - 0
YardDog - 1 - Have beer, will ride.

Total: 12

So that’s 10 SXS!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Some people take the baffles out leave the spark arrester and leave off the end cap, to be cool,DUGHHUHH! If your stock your fine every where but maybe California.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey old man :D, I was talking Buckhorn. I’ve camped in the Mulberry RV Park many a time.
Well now.... you gotta take it easy on me or I will have to retire to my “safe space”....
How am I gonna know unless I actually pay attention to what is being said??
I am lucky to stay up with Smitty’s Ramblings.......

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well now.... you gotta take it easy on me or I will have to retire to my “safe space”....
Take the middle and move it to the front, move last to middle and first to last, then it will make sense HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lmao, ok that’s funny...what’s your safe space Pilgrim??

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!