Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have been poking around for the last few months but not posted, deer season took up a lot of my weekends along with working at the lake house in East Texas on the weekends.. Oh and that thing we call work taking up the rest of the time.. Nothing to adventurous or post worthy..

So, long story short picked up my new ride before hunting season and dropped it off at the hunting property with one of our company trailers.. I leave the SXS in the lean-to like I do my ATV's during hunting season.. Season ends and I grab my trailer that is at the property to load up the SXS and I find she needs new tires due to dry rot.. Off to Wally World for some new shoes.. 4 hours later back with the tires, pop them on and hook up to the truck.. I pull around the 700 and go to load and WTF.. I thought my trailer was a 5.5x10.. Nope this home made trailer is just shy of 5' rail to rail..

Well chit! Looks like a wasted 5 hour trip, back to Dallas and find a trailer.. Weeks go by and all I am finding is 6x10 trailers for 1300 bones and up.. There has to be some less than that around.. I checked Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and nothing that I would drop coin on used. While out in ET at the lake house this week I was looking around and found a place about an hour from the house that had some 6x10's with gate, so I called and the owner (Allen) said these are all new and come down I will make you a deal.. Off we go and he did make me a deal, 6x10 with gate for $795.00 + TTL comes to $988.18, and I grabbed a full new spare for another 75 bones.. They even had other colors to pick from other than black (Olive, Gray, Light Blue, Red) and you had your choice of angle iron top rail or pipe top rail and no additional cost.. We grabbed the olive green one with the pipe top rail.. If there is one thing that I dislike it is they used regular pine flooring.. No big issue for me..

The wife and I will haul ass tomorrow to go down and grab the 700 and get back to rest up a few and get ready to grill up some greatness for the game..

Sorry for the long winded attack but I will be gald to have her back for some spring Mods and looking forward to hitting a few trails this spring in ET..

IMG 3998 Temp hash1f4618e6f82dfb172f02e7dd9570b357

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Never saw an olive one. I like it

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome to the addiction from Central Texas!

Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Ken. Good to see ya here. Wish I knew you were in East Texas this weekend. Coulda met up with ya. I went to Crockett to trade my factory wheels and tires for some after market ones. Stayed in Palestine.
Mine just fit on a 5 X 8 but only after altering the gate and pins. Now with the new tires, it won't fit at all. So I'm in the same boat. I decided to build a 6.5 x 12 for mine. Parts will be here on Tuesday. I can build one for half the cost of new.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good, a trailer is a valuable tool around my house. I hope you put that thing to good use. Welcome to the club.

Texas-Hunter

Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Ken. Good to see ya here. Wish I knew you were in East Texas this weekend. Coulda met up with ya. I went to Crockett to trade my factory wheels and tires for some after market ones. Stayed in Palestine.
Mine just fit on a 5 X 8 but only after altering the gate and pins. Now with the new tires, it won't fit at all. So I'm in the same boat. I decided to build a 6.5 x 12 for mine. Parts will be here on Tuesday. I can build one for half the cost of new.

We have a weekender home outside Mineola TX, that is about an hour 15 min North of Palestine.. We came back yesterday since the wife sis not want to make a 6+ hour drive to the hunting property and back to Dallas..

Texas-Hunter

Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well Chit! New trailer and already jacked it up.. Apparently the tongue jack back out while driving to our hunting property this morning and when I went to drop off the wife in Waco at her friends house we drove through a dip in the intersection of a 4 way stop and BAM I heard something hit hard..

Yep jacked up the jack.. Dammit!! I would just replace it but I have to ask the question to those who build trailers why in the hell would you weld a bolt on tongue jack? They get damaged more often that not and it would make it a whole lot easier to just remove 3 3/8" bolts and pop a new on on..
IMG 3999

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well Chit! New trailer and already jacked it up.. Apparently the tongue jack back out while driving to our hunting property this morning and when I went to drop off the wife in Waco at her friends house we drove through a dip in the intersection of a 4 way stop and BAM I heard something hit hard..

Yep jacked up the jack.. Dammit!! I would just replace it but I have to ask the question to those who build trailers why in the hell would you weld a bolt on tongue jack? They get damaged more often that not and it would make it a whole lot easier to just remove 3 3/8" bolts and pop a new on on.. View attachment 106200
Its probably to heavy for that Ford;)

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yep jacked up the jack.. Dammit!! I would just replace it but I have to ask the question to those who build trailers why in the hell would you weld a bolt on tongue jack? They get damaged more often that not and it would make it a whole lot easier to just remove 3 3/8" bolts and pop a new on on.. View attachment 106200
Yikes, that’s why I don’t like that style of trailer jack, I prefer the swivel style jack. Some of them bolt in and others are welded.

MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
That’s sucks. The other thing I don’t like about them is if you forget yourself then you end up with a jacked up tailgate

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Ken, I really like the color and great decision on getting a spare tire.... Also, you might consider a good sealer to put over those boards to extend the life of them.....

Reactions: Backwoods
Irish_Mike

Irish_Mike

Aug 28, 2018
S. Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
One of the first things I did to my new trailer was put a flip up jack on it. Now I can lower the tailgate without dinging it up.

Reactions: alloutdoors
Texas-Hunter

Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ken, I really like the color and great decision on getting a spare tire.... Also, you might consider a good sealer to put over those boards to extend the life of them.....

I plan on sealing or painting them since they did not use treated wood, still should have years of use out of them before I would have to replace them..

Texas-Hunter

Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
Its probably to heavy for that Ford;)

I have been a ford guy for years and with no issues, and I am not going to get into a vehicle debate.. The way these trucks are made today is light years from when they built them in the 60's, 70's, and even the 80's.. So I am not sure if there is any real bad builds out there anymore.. Plus since I am what we call a tier 1 driver in our company I can use the truck for any personal needs that includes the gas. That is a win in my opinion..

Reactions: Wallace and Russ989
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
pretty cool trailer, you dont see colors ever. and if its built well its a decent deal especially tire is normally 100-125. would do the swival jack and get a sun cover for the tire if you want to be able to use it in a few years. walmart and home depot has got barn paint ive had good luck with, thick paint that will stand up to quads on a trailer. its like ten dollars cheaper per gal than other places

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been a ford guy for years and with no issues, and I am not going to get into a vehicle debate.. The way these trucks are made today is light years from when they built them in the 60's, 70's, and even the 80's.. So I am not sure if there is any real bad builds out there anymore.. Plus since I am what we call a tier 1 driver in our company I can use the truck for any personal needs that includes the gas. That is a win in my opinion..
It’s a good looking trailer, a word of caution if you are going to install a flip style jack...if you plan on having a lot of weight on it with the and the jack supporting it you’ll want to have a heavy duty one put on. Stay away from the boat trailer type unless it’s only used to support an empty trailer. Just my two cents.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Nice find, like that color. Got this in 1997, painted black in 2017 and HF relector strips. Still hauling, simple and solid. Had to move the original jack to pull with atv around the yard.

5646D34F AFE9 48AF A70E 5EAF05A871C5

Reactions: swsebek and Russ989
G

Griff

Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Weldors don’t like drilling holes to bolt things together.

Reactions: Russ989
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got a new $20 swing up jack to replace the one I mounted on the side rail. Whole jack just as easy as replacing the wheel. LOL

Reactions: Russ989

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!