BOX1

P1000m5 Has anybody put light duty trucks tires on there stock 14" Rims on a 1000-5 Deluxe.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i bought aftermarket 15" wheels and 235/75R15 BFG KM2 tires.

P1K5

showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i bought aftermarket 15" wheels and 235/75R15 BFG KM2 tires.

View attachment 201372
I'm looking at doing the same when my stock tires wear out. I've been reading a lot of threads and trying to figure out exactly what I will need to do to make things work. Are your wheels 5+2 offset and did you add spacers or alter anything else with the suspension?

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at doing the same when my stock tires wear out. I've been reading a lot of threads and trying to figure out exactly what I will need to do to make things work. Are your wheels 5+2 offset and did you add spacers or alter anything else with the suspension?
They were 5+2. I did not run spacers in the rear, but spacers would have evened the rear tires up with the front. I did eventually install arched, forward offset front a-arms to clear the large tire. I went with SATV arms

showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They were 5+2. I did not run spacers in the rear, but spacers would have evened the rear tires up with the front. I did eventually install arched, forward offset front a-arms to clear the large tire. I went with SATV arms
What size are the front spacers and would it still work without the new a-arms? What about using 205s instead of 235s?

Reactions: Lady01
P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size are the front spacers and would it still work without the new a-arms? What about using 205s instead of 235s?
I didn’t run spacers in the front or the rear. With 5+2 runs the front stick out a little & the rears are sucked in a little (I think that’s what happens). Either way the front were wider than the back & it didn’t bother me one bit. Yes running 215s or 205s would prob be fine & wouldn't require the front forward a-arms, but those 235s were sized perfect for the wheel well, I felt like. Filled it out right & looked good with the larger tire. The downside was it rubbed at 3/4-full turn.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!