P1000 Heat problem solved?

Dlgarus

Dlgarus

Feb 21, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So watch their video and buy the parts elsewhere. I have a problem spending 8 times what the parts cost for knowledge. Double sure, not 8 times.

If they are dumb enough to post what, why, and how. Their knowledge is then free.

To each their own. Like I said we've all got different budgets. The kit is worth what somebody will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish we had the part #s for the control unit and thermostat. That's the best part of the kit.

It looks exactly like one I saw at advance auto parts when I was looking for vent hose to finish my snorkel. I think it was 24.99 there.

Reactions: JTW and Ridem32
J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont mind the price for the pre cut and fitted heat shield. The price for a simple bilge blower and some wire is obscene.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
It looks exactly like one I saw at advance auto parts when I was looking for vent hose to finish my snorkel. I think it was 24.99 there.

Can you get a part # from Advance?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like to know how it works venting out the heat through the bottom - I have a 4" fan and it works ok - may need some adjusting to get the best angle - I have been looking for the end piece that the screw to the skidplate - just to try...

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
If these are removed, won't it throw a ton of mud and stuff right on the motor? Cooked cow crap doesn't smell to good IMO. Lol

I didn't think about that. Thx

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
On the three seater I'm wondering if drilling a couple holes on each side of the air cleaner cover would help? As we all know heat rises and it looks like a perfect duct to push it up behind the seat.

I used one of the OP's photos to mark up for the general locations, it could be done on each side.
View attachment 38700

Good idea! Thx

Reactions: JLH
J

JTW

Wow.. it's not worth $400!! Everything they did is between $50-$75.. and easy projects at that.

advertisement
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
, but I'm waiting on Honda for the time being since the heat feels good right now.

Don't hold your breath, the dealership I work at hasn't heard a peep about taking care of the issue.

Reactions: JTW
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't hold your breath, the dealership I work at hasn't heard a peep about taking care of the issue.

I wont hold my breath. However, in my time at the Honda dealer, it seems almost like the consumer was made aware at the same time the dealer was and there was never any indication anything was in the pipeline.... Although it didnt happen very often. Like I said, the heat feels good right now, so I have some time. If it becomes unbearable, I'll take care of it on my own.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you guys seen this mod kit from DEI? I purchased it but haven't installed it yet. Haven't been in a hurry since the heat is kinda nice this time of year lol. It's a combination of heat shield and bilge fan with ductwork. This is the video...

Here is the link:

Heat Shield Kit Honda Pioneer | DEI Powersports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was expecting more insulation on the rear floor board, fan was neat, don't know about drilling a 3 inch hole in my skids?

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wont hold my breath. However, in my time at the Honda dealer, it seems almost like the consumer was made aware at the same time the dealer was and there was never any indication anything was in the pipeline.... Although it didnt happen very often. Like I said, the heat feels good right now, so I have some time. If it becomes unbearable, I'll take care of it on my own.
Drag foot? You ever flat track race? After removing the rear floor boards and looking at the itty bitty stock heat shields on the headers no wonder there is so much heat transfer to passengers.Would be nice to be able to buy some longer ones that encompass the whole header, top, bottom and sides.

Reactions: Josepht85
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is this one of those contests to spot the difference in the 8 same photos?

It looks good though x8
Yes, no I forgot how to up load pic. Thought I didn't do it right and kept on trying, didn't think about scrolling down to see. DUGH! I did a test run around the yard at high speed, several, enough to get the wife out, to ask what in the hades I was doing, seems to work. But it was only 70

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
To each their own. Like I said we've all got different budgets. The kit is worth what somebody will pay.

I really need to get my 94 CR 250 and go for a ride this week end and go finishing killing my self. HA! You know going riding sounds pretty good. Gosh at 5 foot 6 these things are tall. Been thinking about 6 inch soles for my boots.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I was thinking about while I've got apart and exhaust pipe assessable to wrap them with header wrap, but I did some research and it's a good way to rot your exhaust system if you ride around a wet environment. Any one have a ceramic spray gun?
Spray can ceramic painted my whole exhaust and heat shields and did the header wrap ( the header tubes are stainless to the collector). Didn't seem to help any. A full bubble/aluminum wrap from the seat bottom up the back seat and blower is much better. Doesn't help that your basically sitting on the motor. Most others are further back.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think they did a nice job with their kit. I also like the quality of their heat shielding. Is it pricy? Yes, but its plug and play for those that don't want to take the time to build their own and its a clean, factory looking setup. I would consider buying this setup, but I'm waiting on Honda for the time being since the heat feels good right now.
I agre, except I did a better job for the rear passengers, still need to figure out how to keep the heat out of the air filter cover

advertisement