GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I stopped in at the dealer today and the service manager told me that I am suppose to wait till I get a notice in the mail then call him with my VIN.
Does that sound right? did anybody get notices or are you just going in voluntarily?

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stopped in at the dealer today and the service manager told me that I am suppose to wait till I get a notice in the mail then call him with my VIN.
Does that sound right? did anybody get notices or are you just going in voluntarily?
My dealer called me and told me about the repair kit. They are ordering the kits and will call me for the install when they get the kits in their hands.

C

Camp

Aug 28, 2017
Saint George Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called Honda today. They told me to wait until honda mails more info about the fix and how to schedule it. They said this should happen to all owners soon. They also said the clutch fix is not far behind.
I called my local dealer and they just heard about the heat fix and said it will be a couple of months before they will get the parts to start repairing.

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I inquired about an official heat fix when I placed an order for the water ingestion air intake kit. At that time they said they hadn't heard anything official, but would let me know. They emailed me a couple weeks later and said they have been notified about the fix and have me down for when they get the kits. I have one of the good dealers.

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: Heat service bulletin, I just set it up with my dealer in Raleigh, NC. I had to give them the bulletin number, but they're ordering the parts and they say I'll be their first. Thanks for the info. Now I just have to figure out if I wanna use the DEI heat shield AND the Honda-issued seals together, since I've got the DEI kit in the box, in the garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the service bulletin #? I know I'm probably missing it on the letter above but can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My dealer was aware of the "recall" they called it and said they haven't had a demand for it so they don't stock the parts.said it has to be in there possession to order the parts and that it is an involved install from the very few they have done. I'm headed to the cottage to ride during Labor Day weekend and coming back on Wednesday and I'll be passing right by so I'll drop it off then.

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just set my appointment up for Sept. 15th. Dealer didn't need anything just told me to drop it off. No questions asked, all he needed was an appointment set up to order the kit.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed mine today. Kept my under seat heat sheild as well. I like the way the new parts cover up the seat belt. The middle seat cushion looks good too.

IMG 20170902 173910120

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer told me to wait for the mailer to call them and set up an appointment as well, I told them I need it done by the middle of the month so I'll probably give them a call Tuesday, I would just call the dealer I bought it from but I moved 450 miles from there so maybe I can get the two dealers to work together and get me the parts.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My dealer told me to wait for the mailer to call them and set up an appointment as well, I told them I need it done by the middle of the month so I'll probably give them a call Tuesday, I would just call the dealer I bought it from but I moved 450 miles from there so maybe I can get the two dealers to work together and get me the parts.
That sucks man. When I called mine (where I bought it from) they asked if I had the mailer? And if I did (witch I don't) they would order it now. So they asked if I had a windshield and roof? Witch I do! They said drop it off to varrify there on and they'll order them 5-10 days from Honda. I need it for the end of the month myself. Good luck my friend.

Reactions: moparornocar
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed mine today. Kept my under seat heat sheild as well. I like the way the new parts cover up the seat belt. The middle seat cushion looks good too.

View attachment 53229
Got any before pictures? I don't see anything different except the middle seat cushion than mine. And it's a 2016. was the rubber cover on yours before, the one under the seat, and the rubber covers over the sides of the seatbelts that I can see in the picture? Mine already has that.

Reactions: 0860silverado
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got any before pictures? I don't see anything different except the middle seat cushion than mine. And it's a 2016. was the rubber cover on yours before, the one under the seat, and the rubber covers over the sides of the seatbelts that I can see in the picture? Mine already has that.

There are covers over the seat belts but underneath the flaps that Honda originally provided. Additionally the rubber behind the mid panel deflects air away from the belts and seat back

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are covers over the seat belts but underneath the flaps that Honda originally provided. Additionally the rubber behind the mid panel deflects air away from the belts and seat back
Gotcha. I see the cover now. That looks like a good solution deflecting that back. I agree I'm going to keep the stuff we all have already incorporated.

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just called my dealer. Said they had just done their first one this past week - weren't sure how well it would work, but he said they'd be more than happy to do it on mine. I need to call and setup an appointment and make sure they have the parts, said it'd take an hour or two. I already installed a fan and heat shield so I may wait to see if anything comes of this clutch fix and have them do both at the same time?

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just called my dealer. Said they had just done their first one this past week - weren't sure how well it would work, but he said they'd be more than happy to do it on mine. I need to call and setup an appointment and make sure they have the parts, said it'd take an hour or two. I already installed a fan and heat shield so I may wait to see if anything comes of this clutch fix and have them do both at the same time?
They ordered my heat kit today and will install it first of next week, thanks for the heads up on the kit!:)

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They ordered my heat kit today and will install it first of next week, thanks for the heads up on the kit!:)
Imma hit 'em up for my heat fix kit for no other reason than resale value. I'm satisfied with what I've learned and implemented from all of you fine folks but damnit... Honda gotta pay something! Pissed off coonass here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!