Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, she's on her way to get the heat fix!
IMG 5340

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Let us know how it turns out. I'm scheduled for the 15th but thinking I might wait till next spring due to winter is coming and it's getting cold in Ohio already.
I will do that! I'm doing the Trek the Mighty Mac ride across the Mackinaw bridge so will see if I need that heat lol. They were nice at the dealer. Everyone at the dealer was Raving about the decals and snorkel in the machine when I brought it in.lol. Asked about front fox shock price and with my discount they were over 1k ouch!!!. I need a better price.

Reactions: Landman
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will do that! I'm doing the Trek the Mighty Mac ride across the Mackinaw bridge so will see if I need that heat lol. They were nice at the dealer. Everyone at the dealer was Raving about the decals and snorkel in the machine when I brought it in.lol. Asked about front fox shock price and with my discount they were over 1k ouch!!!. I need a better price.
I called my dealer for s***s and giggles yesterday and asked for a price on shocks. He quoted me the individual price from the LE parts fiche at almost 600 EACH! I would suggest you have them quote it based on the part number in the accessory book.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I called my dealer for s***s and giggles yesterday and asked for a price on shocks. He quoted me the individual price from the LE parts fiche at almost 600 EACH! I would suggest you have them quote it based on the part number in the accessory book.
That's what I did. Still crazy high. 525 each then and 500 each for being a repeat offender at the dealership

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Mudwing
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

My wife and I worked on an oil and gas project in MI some years back, stayed in Ludington, MI. We went to Traverse City several times and went to the Mackinaw Bridge once - would be awesome to ride across that on the SxS! Hope to see some good pix of the ride!!

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Fox shocks are great. Was up in Michigan this past weekend. No Honda but damn I love Arcadia Bluffs golf course.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My wife and I worked on an oil and gas project in MI some years back, stayed in Ludington, MI. We went to Traverse City several times and went to the Mackinaw Bridge once - would be awesome to ride across that on the SxS! Hope to see some good pix of the ride!!
We most certainly will.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They ordered my heat kit today and will install it first of next week, thanks for the heads up on the kit!:)
Bad thing is I think I'm the first!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Imma hit 'em up for my heat fix kit for no other reason than resale value. I'm satisfied with what I've learned and implemented from all of you fine folks but damnit... Honda gotta pay something! Pissed off coonass here.
I think the heat fix is gona work!

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
cool - called my dealer today and he ordered the kit - should be just a couple of weeks. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Remington
mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dropped mine off for the heat fix to be installed today. I removed my own heat shield over the weekend prior to taking it over. I only had the foil bubble wrap style insulation on the back of the plastic between the upper and lower seat -- taped on with aluminum tape. I did notice when I took it off that it was either melted or worn in spots... couldn't really tell. It wasn't all the way through.

Hopefully the official fix works. I'll know soon enough. The bubble wrap helped some, but still the longer you rode, the hotter it got.

I also picked up the new "water ingestion fix" air intake parts they ordered for me while one as there. $22 for that.

Also got my free can of Honda spray cleaner & polish (birthday gift from dealer). :D

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I read a few posts of people waiting don't! The letter I received in the mail states limited quantities available I have the dealer ordering mine. It took me demanding my $7,000 down payment back and cash for all the accessories I installed to get a letter to do the heat shield. I installed the roof, windshield, winch, aftermarket rims and tires a light bar. Now my hunk of junk is running hot and I have a rear axle popping all my friends, family and riding group call it the Honda-que it's hot in Florida in the cab.

Last edited:
M

Mpmitch1

Jan 1, 2017
Madison
Ownership

1. 1000-5
does it work???????????????????????????????????????????? who has it installed?

M

MDubya

Jun 6, 2017
Holly Springs, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the DEI kit installed first. Had the dealer throw on the comfort kit also. I did notice a difference after they were done with it, it did help with the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!