P1000 Heat

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the great suggestions, but call me a cynical newbie, but it seems terribly cheesy on the part of Honda to not be working on a fix for this. Just went for another short ride, and our bottoms feel like we are the main course at the weekend BBQ!.. Now don't get me wrong, I agree that duct tape is the handy mans best friend for every application, - I get that, but come on Honda, you should not be "OK" with literally branding your brand into your customers flanks with the excessive heat coming from these expensive machines!
What is the temp in your area?

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey I just talked to Tim sales director for Bug Busters as well and he said they have Pioneer 1000 in and proto type will be ready in two weeks so 3-4 weeks yet on window screen but it is coming he reassured me it is next like earlier post. 399$ he has a few people that he'll talk to so as soon as any of us here about it I'm sure it'll be on here. I'm excited

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey I just talked to Tim sales director for Bug Busters as well and he said they have Pioneer 1000 in and proto type will be ready in two weeks so 3-4 weeks yet on window screen but it is coming he reassured me it is next like earlier post. 399$ he has a few people that he'll talk to so as soon as any of us here about it I'm sure it'll be on here. I'm excited

Sweeeeeeeet! Thanks for updates.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not sure how well that shield will work unless it's sealed to the frame around the perimeter of the seat. I put some foam around the perimeter last night actually as well but have not tried it yet. I think the seat itself works as a heat shield, but the warm air comes from around the outside of the seat. I am also putting spacers on my half windshield to allow some air to come in underneath the windshield to help with the vacuum.

advertisement
D

Dasmoeturhead

I'm not sure how well that shield will work unless it's sealed to the frame around the perimeter of the seat. I put some foam around the perimeter last night actually as well but have not tried it yet. I think the seat itself works as a heat shield, but the warm air comes from around the outside of the seat. I am also putting spacers on my half windshield to allow some air to come in underneath the windshield to help with the vacuum.
Well I reckon it's got to stop some heat/air, so what the heck.
20160427 141634

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a post in the for sale section concerning this. If y'all are interested.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Helped big time. Nothing coming out around the seat. Still getting warm air entering from under the backrest.
I used 3/8" x 3/4" foam sticky one side. Put it on the seat. The foam is taller than the bumpers so it seals. Seat locks in tight now.

Reactions: dotman1 and Stauvo
D

Dasmoeturhead

Tested the heat shield today while I was using my plow like a grader. Heat under the seat is down, but heat is really coming out of the shift lever cutout. I've got to try and solve that. It's nice in the winter, but not now.

Reactions: Hawk53
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Tested the heat shield today while I was using my plow like a grader. Heat under the seat is down, but heat is really coming out of the shift lever cutout. I've got to try and solve that. It's nice in the winter, but not now.
it would be nice to use Velcro around the edges of the shield and engine bay cutout but staple it to the shield for durability to give a more permanent solution as ease of take off in winter and fluid changes. As for the shift levers hard bristles like a door sweep on each side under the dash with two indiscreet plastic pop rivets on both sides, might be able to move the rubber shield that's already in place up and do same thing or a shield across to keep radiator flow to travel down under the vehicle. Or the easy way leave to hood off but that's unacceptable around people

Last edited:
Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thing about the air and heat for the shift levers and thought way not put a rubber shift boot on it from the back. Did a quick search and there are may different sizes, now to find the right one and a way to get it in there.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I am going to try this. Used silicone grease to get the rod to slide nice on the foam. Foam is 8"x8" 2 inch deep. Managed to get a tie strap behind to secure it in the boot that is back there.
Image1

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So there is a boot already or you added one? Sorry I don't have mine yet. Just trying to figure out some stuff before I get it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!