P1000 Heat

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So there is a boot already or you added one? Sorry I don't have mine yet. Just trying to figure out some stuff before I get it.
There is a piece of rubber that is laid out in the area.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was thing about the air and heat for the shift levers and thought way not put a rubber shift boot on it from the back. Did a quick search and there are may different sizes, now to find the right one and a way to get it in there.
Did you find a sight specific to boots with dimensions

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
I like the radiant barrier heat shield. Do not know if already mentioned but Honda is not alone with heat coming from under the seat / engine compartment. One of the guys I hunt w/ has a Ranger & same issue, he put a stick of line insulation, what is used to insulate the suction line on your home air conditioner behind the seat & his issue solved. I plan to try the same.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 14367
it would be nice to use Velcro around the edges of the shield and engine bay cutout but staple it to the shield for durability to give a more permanent solution as ease of take off in winter and fluid changes. As for the shift levers hard bristles like a door sweep on each side under the dash with two indiscreet plastic pop rivets on both sides, might be able to move the rubber shield that's already in place up and do same thing or a shield across to keep radiator flow to travel down under the vehicle. Or the easy way leave to hood off but that's unacceptable around people
I totally blocked off the area under the hood . Still major air flow. Appears that air is coming more from under the fuse block area.

S

Story

Mar 9, 2016
Kentucky
I am going to try this. Used silicone grease to get the rod to slide nice on the foam. Foam is 8"x8" 2 inch deep. Managed to get a tie strap behind to secure it in the boot that is back there.
View attachment 14369

I did this exact thing about 2 months ago to keep the cold air from coming in. It was crazy. Worked excellent for a while but now the foam is worn down and I'm back where I was. Except this time its warm air!

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did this exact thing about 2 months ago to keep the cold air from coming in. It was crazy. Worked excellent for a while but now the foam is worn down and I'm back where I was. Except this time its warm air!
Ya I think the real answer is to get a boot mounted back there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!