P1000 HL vs SATV

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do both of these (front) arm kits come with the same size (thickness) steering stops since they both move the spindle forward 1.5"?
Has anyone had axle issues with either brand such as inner CVs pulling out of the diff at full droop with a lift, etc.?
The steering on my Teryx4 was significantly reduced with the SATV kit stops installed on the rack - hoping to hear the P1K axles can take more of an angle and you don't lose much turning radius with the stops installed.
Sorry if this has been previously discussed in detail.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do both of these (front) arm kits come with the same size (thickness) steering stops since they both move the spindle forward 1.5"?
Has anyone had axle issues with either brand such as inner CVs pulling out of the diff at full droop with a lift, etc.?
The steering on my Teryx4 was significantly reduced with the SATV kit stops installed on the rack - hoping to hear the P1K axles can take more of an angle and you don't lose much turning radius with the stops installed.

The steering is reduced quite a bit with the SATV arms. I thought I would hate it, but it isn’t bad on the trail. Can’t speak for the HL arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 500 and pct
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont have the stops installed but I’m not an overly aggressive driver with the wheels turned super sharp.

The SATV arms are tough, I beat the piss out of them on the Overland trip with missing powder coat being the only damage.

Reactions: JTW, 500 and pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Unless both lift and forward facing arms I don't think you need the steering spacers. Be a little careful in diff loc especially backing up but that should be said either way. Snuff was saying the forward facing actually sit real close to the same degree coming out so they aren't angled drastically

Reactions: 500 and pct
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have front and rear SATV arms and really like them.......I would suggest calling them to place your order and request that the threads on the camber adjustment are working freely before they ship them. It took 3 new arms to get all of them working properly. They had welding slag in them that kept the threads from working properly. They are aware of this issue and I ordered a couple months back so they may have gotten it all sorted out, but I would still make them double check if you go with the SATV arms.

Reactions: ohanacreek and 500
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unless the High Lifter has changed, they don’t have camber adjustments like the SATV.

I also have SATV and love them.

Reactions: 500
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I guess I should answer your original question. I didn’t like the reduced steering angle so I shaved the steering stops down on a belt sander. Didn’t last very long as they broke after a couple rides. But my next set left unmodified and I have already broke one of those too.

Reactions: 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!