P500 Honda 08Z08-HL5-A00 Pioneer 500 Accessory Sub Harness plug location

P

Paradym

Mar 14, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
Hmm Ok I did not see one just hanging there when I looked earlier. I thought the one I saw had something already plugged into it. I will look again. Thanks for the help!

P

Paradym

Mar 14, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
Under the hood, about in the center behind the dash, you'll find a red plug hanging off the wiring harness. That's the one.
OK found it. It was wrapped up with black tape and I missed it. Looks like there is a cap on it that needs removed and then I should be able to plug it right in.

Another quick question. Once its plugged in what do all the colored breakoffs go to? I see several colors that go off of this harness. What items are able to be attached to this harness?

Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: Pignutr
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hmm Ok I did not see one just hanging there when I looked earlier. I thought the one I saw had something already plugged into it. I will look again. Thanks for the help!
I've got so much electronics under my hood now that it's no longer visible or I'd post a pic. But I'm pretty sure Hondasxs or perhaps one of the other good contributors here has posted a pic of it before. I'm sure if you search around a bit you'll find it. And yes, it's got a red cap on it that you'll remove.

Reactions: Paradym
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OK found it. It was wrapped up with black tape and I missed it. Looks like there is a cap on it that needs removed and then I should be able to plug it right in.

Another quick question. Once its plugged in what do all the colored breakoffs go to? I see several colors that go off of this harness. What items are able to be attached to this harness?

Thanks again for your help!
Ok, so two of them are just hot, two have an accompanying ground. So it just depends on your needs. I've got winch switch, light bar, back up lights and voltage meter on mine. Others here have similar. Hondasxs has instructions on this in a thread as well if you look about you'll find it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!