Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Although it is a steep price, I do think that the new I-4WD system will be a pretty big deal (along with the intelligent braking, and hill start assist). I agree, aftermarket skid plates are better, but a lot of people aren't going to install them anyway. I am seriously considering this model when it is released, even with the larger $$$. I'd rather spend this type of money on a Pioneer, then a Razor or General.
The price increase is pretty steep for a more complicated machine, and they haven't got the bugs worked out on present models? Why would they do this? I think they are going to market them to Geeks.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
8d723ac5208c66412f454c15b0dce39f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
HELL NO I WOULD NOT BUY A NEW MACHINE, not until they take care of existing issues, Why would anybody in their right mind want to purchase a more complicated machine than they have now? That they don't at this time 12-27-16 have an answer for. I have a winter only machine, the heat in the spring through fall is terrible and the TRANSMISSIONS are highly suspect to failure. COME ON HONDA, you'll see the light when you hear the LOUD pop.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
HELL NO I WOULD NOT BUY A NEW MACHINE, not until they take care of existing issues, Why would anybody in their right mind want to purchase a more complicated machine than they have now? That they don't at this time 12-27-16 have an answer for. I have a winter only machine, the heat in the spring through fall is terrible and the TRANSMISSIONS are highly suspect to failure. COME ON HONDA, you'll see the light when you hear the LOUD pop.
When my PK1 is working ' it's great fun. They have issues, HEAT and CLUTCH issues, when is Honda going to fix these issues? Yea my dealer says Honda is working on them. REALLY! I really don't think Honda gives a rats Butt. They've got my money. Paid in full. Wrote a $ 22,000.00 dollar check to the dealer and it cleared the bank. Paid for a lot of ill fitting accessory items that were worthless OME A GUARDS, I would like to get my money back on these. Wish I would have bought the Beta 300!

Nic

Nic

Dec 9, 2016
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody know of a comprehensive list of things that are changed for the 2017? I am sure there are other differences other than the I4wd, dash layout etc. I am talking more like hard parts, motor parts, better fitting doors, thicker gears, retuned efi, etc. You know the things they may not tell us about but have a different part number than the 2016.

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
Excellent condition 85 250 sx with nerf bars and hand shifter. Honda has priced themselves into general 4 area.....of which I'm pretty certain will outperform the 1000-5 in most instances. I'll still check here from time to time to see if Honda has fixed any of their SXS problems but I'm going to try to deal on a gen4 this week. I'd go for the x3 but wife really wants a 4 seater. I have owned a rzr prior and had zero issues so you can save the reliability negative hype....you should focus on your Honda reliability issues at this point instead. Happy new year guys!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Hot rod, Sounds like the 4 seat General would be a great choice. You get the wide cab, air intakes up under the hood, and better suspension bushing without grease fittings. You can putt along at 1 mph where on the P5 you really need to be at 3 mph to avoid clutch damage. I really like it but after putting over 20,000 combined miles on the 2011 RZR 900, 2012 RZR 570, and 2013 Ranger 900 I will never buy another Polaris and I just hate belt drive. Polaris is using better parts now and I expect the assembly is better too. I put over 21,000 miles on my 2008 and 2012 Teryx with no problems but I had to change the belt every 4,000 miles. The Pioneer 700-4 should be another choice depending on how much performance you need and if you can get by with small rear seats. The 2012-13 Teryx 4 seat model was their best. The 2014 - 2017 Teryx get the belt drive air intake off the rear cylinder head. Been waiting for a few years now but I think Honda will have a 1000cc 4 seat sport model this year. My Pioneer 1000 has been trouble free for a bit over 4,000 miles now and its been the best UTV out of the 14 that I have owned.

H

HondaTech

Our dealership has probably sold between 80-100 P1K since they dropped. The clutch issue is not existent hype. I myself has personally done two (2) clutches out of all the ones we sold and one of those was bcause of a stray particle making the clutch slip until it stuck together and wouldn't quit pulling. My service rep has seen them with over 8,000 miles in Tennessee being used to drive around as rentals. Ive got a dairy farmer who traded in a 20,000 mile Big Red for a 3 seat and put 3200 miles on his unit in 3 months. His only complaint the front tires didnt last, minor heat problems and the overflow bottle for the coolant came loose.

Ive had countless people tell me their Teryx is a scorcher, my service manager owns and older model and he can ride in a t shirt and shorts during winter. Ive seen Rangers with melted a fuel injector harness because of the heat they give off. Honda doesnt have a isolate problem, it's a utv problem. Any machine where you sit on top of the engine is gonna be hot, thats a given. But lets not forget the reason Polaris is calling pretty much every newer utv: for fire related problems, because of heat.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hot rod, Sounds like the 4 seat General would be a great choice. You get the wide cab, air intakes up under the hood, and better suspension bushing without grease fittings. You can putt along at 1 mph where on the P5 you really need to be at 3 mph to avoid clutch damage. I really like it but after putting over 20,000 combined miles on the 2011 RZR 900, 2012 RZR 570, and 2013 Ranger 900 I will never buy another Polaris and I just hate belt drive. Polaris is using better parts now and I expect the assembly is better too. I put over 21,000 miles on my 2008 and 2012 Teryx with no problems but I had to change the belt every 4,000 miles. The Pioneer 700-4 should be another choice depending on how much performance you need and if you can get by with small rear seats. The 2012-13 Teryx 4 seat model was their best. The 2014 - 2017 Teryx get the belt drive air intake off the rear cylinder head. Been waiting for a few years now but I think Honda will have a 1000cc 4 seat sport model this year. My Pioneer 1000 has been trouble free for a bit over 4,000 miles now and its been the best UTV out of the 14 that I have owned.
Is wearing out sxs what you do for a living?o_O that's alot of miles.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hey Hondabob, thanks for the quality information in all your posts - I just love reading your posts as it's easy to tell you know alot from some serious miles. HotSnotLincoln is just a troll - it was easy to pick up on that from his earliest posts here on hondasxs.

Waylan

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!