AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Makes trail more manageable or all around handling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trails, rocks, everything. You can set them to ride like a Cadillac up to a tractor, or anywhere in between.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love your trail videos

Thanks. There times I forget to turn the camera on and regret it because I missed some good stuff. Then there's others where I forget to turn it off and spend hours cutting and editing... lol

advertisement
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Thanks. There times I forget to turn the camera on and regret it because I missed some good stuff. Then there's others where I forget to turn it off and spend hours cutting and editing... lol

Well I've spent a lot of time there and I appreciate them!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Blue pioneer
Any prices?? What about this metallic blue?? Pics of it please.
Pioneer-Honda Powersports

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi and AKRider
R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sure like the shocks. As for the I-4WD, I'm just not interested in it. I don't see an option button for true all 4 lock. As for hill assist....that's what left foot brake is used for.

It looks like they still have the cheap 4ply radials too.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sure like the shocks. As for the I-4WD, I'm just not interested in it. I don't see an option button for true all 4 lock. As for hill assist....that's what left foot brake is used for.

Tires will be one of my next upgrades... along with the IGR, if I get the gonads to actually do it... lol

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must be the only guy on here that just genuinely enjoys my machine just the way it is outfitted from the factory. Everybody switches tires before the tits are even wore off, I've got 1100 miles now of everything from blacktop to rock climbing to peanut butter mud, never had a flat and are barely worn. I've never had an issue with the clutch or jackrabbit take offs unless I sidestep the brake and smash it. I will say the front shocks could be a little better, but I've never had a situation where they were unbearable. My factory skids are holding up just fine, no smashed diff's yet.... Idk, maybe I'm just dumb or insensitive to the finer details, although I feel that's not the case. Anyway, happy trails folks!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must be the only guy on here that just genuinely enjoys my machine just the way it is outfitted from the factory. Everybody switches tires before the tits are even wore off, I've got 1100 miles now of everything from blacktop to rock climbing to peanut butter mud, never had a flat and are barely worn. I've never had an issue with the clutch or jackrabbit take offs unless I sidestep the brake and smash it. I will say the front shocks could be a little better, but I've never had a situation where they were unbearable. My factory skids are holding up just fine, no smashed diff's yet.... Idk, maybe I'm just dumb or insensitive to the finer details, although I feel that's not the case. Anyway, happy trails folks!
I, too, genuinely enjoy my machine. It has limitations that aren't good for all of our riding environments. That is exactly why the aftermarket accessories and upgrades exist. There is no factory machine that will ever please all of us, but Honda has given us a machine that we can modify to fit our needs.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Damn that's nuts!

This is the alternative to the @CumminsPusher park brake!

R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

But when you cut the sidewalls on two of your 4 ply tires you have to do something. Actually, I took them to the tire shop and trying boot patch.....So far so good. I agree, got to get them tits wore down as much as possible.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMO if you trail ride the spring/shocks are the most important piece of equipment on a rig, even more so than tires. Good adjustables will allow your rigs suspension to articulate and navigate the slow technical stuff and with the turn of a knob allow you to get some air without breaking your back on the landing. There is a reason the rigs with good shocks are more expensive. I've been messing with hot rods pretty much all of my life and learned years ago to buy the best parts I could afford, junk in, junk out.

That being said for the way I use my 1000 I may never NEED to replace my shocks with something better, but if I start trail riding a bunch I'll swallow that bitter pill and buy some good shocks. Your mileage may vary.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow! Kind of have mixed feelings! The dash is completely redesigned including the storage we craved, but little room remains for adding customs switches etc... Not sure on how I feel about the Diff Lock Loss:oops: Love the shocks!:)

Yeah, i'm not too much into auto engaging stuff in four-wheel-drive, I like diff lock! I'm already envisioning things locking and unlocking and tires spinning when they shouldn't and vice versa!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!