Honda Talon R 4WD light flashing

S

Sean-Spencer

Apr 22, 2020
Henderson NV
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi hows it going! I am a new member here and I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before. This is my first honda SxS. I bought it used from a tour guide place and it has been running great. The machine has about 1200 miles on it and hasnt had any issues yet. I was out at Sand Hollow resort and after 2 days of riding I noticed towards the end of the second day that the 4WD light would flash every time I turned it on. If I leave it on 2wd, it flashes periodically, but then when I turn it back to 4wd, the light goes crazy and the whole wheel base diagram on the screen flashes as well. Im getting a cage build at the moment so I dont have the car to check and see if there is any sort of pattern to the blinking. I just wanted to see if anyone has encountered this before. Thanks in advance.
*Picture for attention*

Screen Shot 2020 04 22 at 35920 PM

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi and welcome.
I cant say that I've seen or read about the particular problem you're having. My I-4WD light came on when I had 2 different tire sizes mounted between the front and the rear. The light could only be reset by a specific procedure outlined in the service manual. Have you checked all (front/rear diff and sub-trans) the oil levels?

M

maugjaco

Apr 22, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hi hows it going! I am a new member here and I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before. This is my first honda SxS. I bought it used from a tour guide place and it has been running great. The machine has about 1200 miles on it and hasnt had any issues yet. I was out at Sand Hollow resort and after 2 days of riding I noticed towards the end of the second day that the 4WD light would flash every time I turned it on. If I leave it on 2wd, it flashes periodically, but then when I turn it back to 4wd, the light goes crazy and the whole wheel base diagram on the screen flashes as well. Im getting a cage build at the moment so I dont have the car to check and see if there is any sort of pattern to the blinking. I just wanted to see if anyone has encountered this before. Thanks in advance.
*Picture for attention*

View attachment 198658
I have the same problem.
any fix?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Try doing a clutch relearn. I do mine with a PV3 so I'm not sure if it can be done without it but I'm sure someone here knows if it's possible or not.

Reactions: Remington
H

HondaTech

If you switch the machine into 4wd while its off or the key is in the on position but the engine isnt running the diagram indicator on the dash will "dance" back and forth until the engine is started. I don't know why, but its not a problem, just something it does.

M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
Mine did the same thing and it was the brake switch sticking

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!