Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone wanting top stock up on #10 cans of freeze dried and dehydrated foods while on this trip to take home and save on shipping costs, Walk into any WallyWorld and Because you're in Mormon country, every store has long aisles dedicated to long term shelf life storage /prepper foods and 5 gallon buckets of grain...

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@JSPEED and anyone else coming from the south; If you want more scenery on a short ride up, the ride up from Vegas along lake Mead is nice. Then on up into southern Utah. Along that route, If I had extra time, I'd take the back way in off of I-15 to 14 from Cedar City to 89 then 12 and then up and over towards Ritchfield. It's definitely the long way around but, IMHO by far the most scenic and exhilarating, plus it's the Scenic byway through Grand Staircase Escalante. Or take 14 over to 89 to Marysvale which runs parallel to I-15. I-15 is otherwise subpar boring..The ride from salt lake is pretty boring too and IMHO, S.L. traffic is horrendous at times. Lots of congestion and accidents. From Denver, it's pretty and scenic but much farther. Weekend traffic along I-70 can be insane as well especially around Denver ( heck it's horrible there anytime ) Then places like vail and the other resort towns can get crappy along I--70 especially if there's a chance of snow. Weekend Ski bum Traffic. Snails pace at times. I prefer taking the backroads of discovery.

Whichever way you go, Just know that UT 14 is forking amazing!

This maybe a dumb question but is their civilization off the interstate or beaten path once you leave Vegas? I've been told that some places along main highways you might travel 150 miles and not see a gas station, food, a house or anything. This will be my first excursion out west on my own and Ive never been off the beaten path like this. Excited but unsure of not knowing!!! thanks

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
This maybe a dumb question but is their civilization off the interstate or beaten path once you leave Vegas? I've been told that some places along main highways you might travel 150 miles and not see a gas station, food, a house or anything. This will be my first excursion out west on my own and Ive never been off the beaten path like this. Excited but unsure of not knowing!!! thanks

check this out ! I'm carrying extra fuel ! This is Salina Utah.
No bull service 110 miles

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It can be kinda bleak especially along the Interstate. I prefer the backroads and the small towns along those routes. You won't run out of fuel unless you aren't paying attention. I always carry extra fuel anyway but it's only ever needed for the pioneer.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Depending upon the interstate you come in on, for example on I-70 just past Grand Junction CO, is Fruitia, CO and next fuel is 165 miles along I-70. Once to Salina UT it's not too bad all the way to I-15. Coming from Vegas up I-15 there is a 100 mile stretch without fuel, once you get to Saint George UT it's pretty good. Still where the main campground is in Marysvale UT, the closest Walmart it in Richfield about 42 miles away but takes well over an hour to get there.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Only 60 days away from the ride whose ready to ride elevated in Utah 6,000 to 12,000 ft.

I can't wait.
20326 c4ac34baf82f33dcc5c9f16dad77aecc
20331 3ded99fc0c33074eadbbcd5649cefa58
20326 c4ac34baf82f33dcc5c9f16dad77aecc

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Let me get this West Virginia mud sprayed off my rig and I'll be ready ! Just got back from Hatfield McCoy trail system a couple hours ago.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I have a Honda rancher atv reserved at Lizzie and Charlies for Friday, Sat. and Sunday. I fly in from Vegas on the red eye the 19th I think and driving up to Marysvale. Then leaving from Denver on the following Wednesday. I'm hoping to explore Moab on way back east.

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Honda rancher atv reserved at Lizzie and Charlies for Friday, Sat. and Sunday. I fly in from Vegas on the red eye the 19th I think and driving up to Marysvale. Then leaving from Denver on the following Wednesday. I'm hoping to explore Moab on way back east.
My plan is to leave San Buenaventura, CA Tuesday September 18th driving my Bounder motorhome pulling my P1K on its trailer, overnighting somewhere in Nevada. Then arrive in Marysvale on Wednesday staying at the South Forty RV park just north of town. I will leave Marysvale on Tuesday September 25th. Overnight in the Barstow area, then continue home on Wednesday.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Only 60 days away from the ride whose ready to ride elevated in Utah 6,000 to 12,000 ft.

I'm going to "Warm Up" for the ride by going to the Uinta Mountains up by Flaming gorge from Aug 13-Sept 15. Probably ride like 5-600 miles. I'll be there to archery hunt but with my P5 with me there'll be some riding in the mix too.

WB

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So, is there a count for how many 500's vs 700's or 1000's that'll be in attendance?
I have not looked at it anytime recently. Last head count was about 32 people. Been a long expensive day for me, if I get time later will count them up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!