Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Someone hit me up about out of state repricosity for OHV registration. Here is what I linked to in case you didn't look it over. Note for example TN does have an agreement but I just buy the hunting license and not the high impact permit for the machine. Interpret what registration means by Utahs definition. Me I'm paying for the $30 sticker to ensure no problems.

OHV Registration & Permits | Utah State Parks
Screenshot 20180607 154529 Drive

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This out-of-state permit costs $30 and is good for 12 months from the time of purchase. If you order the permit online, there is an additional $5 charge.

If you’d rather pick one up in person, please visit one of our vendors to purchase one face-to-face.

https://stateparks.utah.gov/wp-cont...ENDOR-LIST-BY-STATEUpdated-January-2018-2.pdf

Remember to bring:
  • Proof of residency: driver’s license or other state-issued identification.
  • Proof of ownership: title or current registration or bill of sale.
Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine. Some states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-residents fees.

The Non-resident permit funds go directly back into our motorized recreational sport. The permits fees are directed towards trail construction, trail improvements, trail maintenance, OHV education, OHV facility development and enforcement.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
@JACKAL,

There is a review of the NAT GEO map (your link) on the net that says that ([HASHTAG]#708[/HASHTAG]) map does not have a lot of the trails on it-just the main ones. Any recommend on map(s) that have ALL of the trails - an employee at Lizz n Charlie's said the most prettiest scenic trails are the 50" ones BTW.

WB

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL,

There is a review of the NAT GEO map (your link) on the net that says that ([HASHTAG]#708[/HASHTAG]) map does not have a lot of the trails on it-just the main ones. Any recommend on map(s) that have ALL of the trails - an employee at Lizz n Charlie's said the most prettiest scenic trails are the 50" ones BTW.

WB
The new trail guide, new updated maps,and better yet the satellite tracks for a tablet or GPS has them all check this post for links to all.

This post here:

Multi - Ride Report - Paiute Trails / Central Utah

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Who's ready for some Paiute trail ride swag! @Hondasxs will be posting up for sale soon.

I will hand out stickers for those in attendance, after the ride can mail leftovers on request.

Back

20180614 180521

Front
20180614 180539 Resized 20180613 112952 175 Resized952018061395112940952846 Resized952018061395112948956903

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had ordered a permit online last year and it was in the mail in a short period of time. Can't wait! I may stay longer for the fall ride @VenturaChuck mentioned, but more than likely I'll be exploring new areas. We'll see...

Reactions: Dp5hunter and BWAF
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Well gang, I've hit a snag for this trip...Good news/bad news!!! Bad News, I have to be in Georgia, September 19 for a meeting for work on a large project! Good News, I'm just flying in instead of driving and hoping I can rent a ride out there for a few days. I do have a cabin booked for 5 nights so no way I'll miss this experience!!! @JACKAL you travel all over. Would Denver or Salt Lake be the best option for seeing some of the country out there enroute to the Marysvale?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well gang, I've hit a snag for this trip...Good news/bad news!!! Bad News, I have to be in Georgia, September 19 for a meeting for work on a large project! Good News, I'm just flying in instead of driving and hoping I can rent a ride out there for a few days. I do have a cabin booked for 5 nights so no way I'll miss this experience!!! @JACKAL you travel all over. Would Denver or Salt Lake be the best option for seeing some of the country out there enroute to the Marysvale?
Salt lake city 3hrs away, Vegas 4-5 hrs away, Denver 8 hrs+

I say SLC

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@JACKAL
Having dinner with @CaptinJackRZR , he and 2 other couples will be there. They will be arriving on Thursday.
Hes trying to get me to fly out for the weekend, but I can't commit yet.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JSPEED and anyone else coming from the south; If you want more scenery on a short ride up, the ride up from Vegas along lake Mead is nice. Then on up into southern Utah. Along that route, If I had extra time, I'd take the back way in off of I-15 to 14 from Cedar City to 89 then 12 and then up and over towards Ritchfield. It's definitely the long way around but, IMHO by far the most scenic and exhilarating, plus it's the Scenic byway through Grand Staircase Escalante. Or take 14 over to 89 to Marysvale which runs parallel to I-15. I-15 is otherwise subpar boring..The ride from salt lake is pretty boring too and IMHO, S.L. traffic is horrendous at times. Lots of congestion and accidents. From Denver, it's pretty and scenic but much farther. Weekend traffic along I-70 can be insane as well especially around Denver ( heck it's horrible there anytime ) Then places like vail and the other resort towns can get crappy along I--70 especially if there's a chance of snow. Weekend Ski bum Traffic. Snails pace at times. I prefer taking the backroads of discovery.

Whichever way you go, Just know that UT 14 is forking amazing!

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!