How heavy is too heavy?

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Looking at new tires and keep bouncing back and forth on tread vs weight. Both 32's, 1 weighs about 37lbs and the other 52lbs. Can the talon spin the heavy ones in the mud effectively or would IGR be needed? I do not use low gear now, so not sure how much reduction that is, but would that be enough? I'm in florida and we have soupy mud, water and sugar sand.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
“How heavy is to heavy?”

This a common title on here! So Ill start the common answer….
Depends on what she looks like? 🥳

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looking at new tires and keep bouncing back and forth on tread vs weight. Both 32's, 1 weighs about 37lbs and the other 52lbs. Can the talon spin the heavy ones in the mud effectively or would IGR be needed? I do not use low gear now, so not sure how much reduction that is, but would that be enough? I'm in florida and we have soupy mud, water and sugar sand.
Thats a big difference. 52lbs is alot.
I have 30’ LT’s on my P1 and there about 43lbs and I can tell the difference in the weight diff from my other UTV tires, my 31” Carnivore’s
I think there like 30-31lb not 100% sure? We have alot if sugar sand and its deff a more drag with the LT’s than my Crons in my Talon. I also have a talon ECU with a snuff tune in my P1 that gives me some real good low end power. But just trail riding in out sugar sand, I grab the Talon with the Cron’s over my P1 now. Not that the P1 cant do it, just you know its there

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea, I'm concerned with the sugar sand....do you use L? If I could fit 33's with the 2" lift I've got then I could get a similar setup at low 40lbs.
No lift. Had them dont like them. Messes with the suspention geometry. I have a natural lift, arms and pre load. My 31’s on my talon dont rub. I also have beadlocks and run at 8 psi in sand

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What are the tires you're debating on?.....pics or it didn't happen!!😂

What part of Florida?

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
What are the tires you're debating on?.....pics or it didn't happen!!😂

What part of Florida?
Debating the megabytes vs the xt400's. I'm in jupiter/palm beach county

Screenshot 20221115 094947 eBay Screenshot 20221115 094959 eBay

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Debating the megabytes vs the xt400's. I'm in jupiter/palm beach county

View attachment 363219 View attachment 363220
Nice! 👍

I'm in the acreage 👍 where are you wanting to ride mainly? The bottom pic that tread would be ideal for most the stuff we got, but I bet them are the heavy ones right? 😂

Honestly unless you're planning on doing deep mud, pending the tread depth of the top pic they should do pretty go too.

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Nice! 👍

I'm in the acreage 👍 where are you wanting to ride mainly? The bottom pic that tread would be ideal for most the stuff we got, but I bet them are the heavy ones right? 😂

Honestly unless you're planning on doing deep mud, pending the tread depth of the top pic they should do pretty go too.
Yea, the bottom ones are the heavy ones haha. 1.25" tread vs .75" on the megabites. My buddies have land in pal Mar, so mostly there and plant bamboo....besides around my neighborhood. These will be dedicated offroad tires though and will have another set for around the block and on the farm. Where do you ride?

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yea, the bottom ones are the heavy ones haha. 1.25" tread vs .75" on the megabites. My buddies have land in pal Mar, so mostly there and plant bamboo....besides around my neighborhood. These will be dedicated offroad tires though and will have another set for around the block and on the farm. Where do you ride?
Never been to or heard of Pal Mar.......never been to Plant Bamboo either but I hear it's mainly mud pit bogs/areas. If mud is all you'll be mainly running then I would go with a knobbier tread for sure. Have you checked out any of the SuperATV Terminator/Intimidator tires? I've rode with guy running them and they perform pretty good. Or you could always go old school and run some TSLs, they're great for pretty much anything 😉.

I ride.......pretty much were ever I can 😂. I live about 5 blocks from the south entrance to Corbett. But FWC trying to get rid of "riding" in there 😔. Been meaning to get a deed to RR but hasn't happened yet. We go up to TN Cpl times a year, and any other spot I find where ever.

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Never been to or heard of Pal Mar.......never been to Plant Bamboo either but I hear it's mainly mud pit bogs/areas. If mud is all you'll be mainly running then I would go with a knobbier tread for sure. Have you checked out any of the SuperATV Terminator/Intimidator tires? I've rode with guy running them and they perform pretty good. Or you could always go old school and run some TSLs, they're great for pretty much anything 😉.

I ride.......pretty much were ever I can 😂. I live about 5 blocks from the south entrance to Corbett. But FWC trying to get rid of "riding" in there 😔. Been meaning to get a deed to RR but hasn't happened yet. We go up to TN Cpl times a year, and any other spot I find where ever.
I live in the farms near the north entrance to Corbett. Pal Mar is "basically" across beeline from the north entrance to Corbett. Like river ranch, if you have land there you get a key. Most of my trail riding will be mud/soggy bottom. And yea, fwc has really cracked down Corbett riding, heck, can't even take 6 anymore to go fishing:(

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I live in the farms near the north entrance to Corbett. Pal Mar is "basically" across beeline from the north entrance to Corbett. Like river ranch, if you have land there you get a key. Most of my trail riding will be mud/soggy bottom. And yea, fwc has really cracked down Corbett riding, heck, can't even take 6 anymore to go fishing:(
Pal Mar..... By Hungry Land? Been there years ago but not recently. Buddy of mine has land there too, been meaning to go out there with him but he's always breaking his buggy so haven't been able to 🤦‍♂️

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yup, that's the place!
Oh ok, yeah buddy's been telling me to go with him for a while but seems like when ever I can, his ride is busted 🤷‍♂️
He said it's got about 4 hrs worth of trail riding in there, wouldn't be a bad place for a quick trip.

We also go to this place just east of Labelle on 80. Cpl hundred empty acres with some half paved roads but there's some nice trails in and out of the lots and some play areas.

Little bit of water too 😉
Output image16647421044372

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Oh ok, yeah buddy's been telling me to go with him for a while but seems like when ever I can, his ride is busted 🤷‍♂️
He said it's got about 4 hrs worth of trail riding in there, wouldn't be a bad place for a quick trip.

We also go to this place just east of Labelle on 80. Cpl hundred empty acres with some half paved roads but there's some nice trails in and out of the lots and some play areas.

Little bit of water too 😉
View attachment 363250
I haven't been yet, but a few diff people I know go out often. I just picked mine up a few weeks back and trying to get it ready for.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I haven't been yet, but a few diff people I know go out often. I just picked mine up a few weeks back and trying to get it ready for.
Well congrats man, post some pics when u can 👍 there's a lot of good folks here on the forum and way more info then any other place out there. I've met a bunch of these guys and everyone's nice and helpful as can be.

I like riding anywhere near by but also like to go ride new places. You ever find a new spot to ride let me know 👍 I might run into you out by B-line.......if my buddy can ever manage to not bust an axle every 2 weeks 😂😂

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Well congrats man, post some pics when u can 👍 there's a lot of good folks here on the forum and way more info then any other place out there. I've met a bunch of these guys and everyone's nice and helpful as can be.

I like riding anywhere near by but also like to go ride new places. You ever find a new spot to ride let me know 👍 I might run into you out by B-line.......if my buddy can ever manage to not bust an axle every 2 weeks 😂😂
Thanks!

20221015 134402

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got my registration sticker thing, where did you put yours? I can't find a definitive answer for florida. The one link I see posted a bunch to the fl dot site won't load.
CO, AZ and UT all have locations included with the sticker and a drawing showing the location.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!