Hurricane Irma

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
We took the eye wall on the chin here in ft Myers and I was lucky to get away with a few shingles missing and gutter spouts gone . Still no power since 10 am . What a ride. Never seen so much water here in the 50 years I've been alive. Hope all goes well for everyone else

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Supposedly we're getting Tropical Storm Irma.
View attachment 53708

Not used to the hurricane prep so I'm not sure what todo.
Does this look right?

View attachment 53709
You need to got to the top of Mt. Washington in NH.. The observatory there has a few old buildings and they have huge chains from one side over the roof and down the other side anchored in the stone of the mountain.. It's been mid 70's at the bottom and when I got to the top the wind was blowing hard and it was in the 40's... Everyone needs to go there.
Images Card00178 fr Legacymtwashington007opt Images 1

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You need to got to the top of Mt. Washington in NH.. The observatory there has a few old buildings and they have huge chains from one side over the roof and down the other side anchored in the stone of the mountain.. It's been mid 70's at the bottom and when I got to the top the wind was blowing hard and it was in the 40's... Everyone needs to go there.
View attachment 53764 View attachment 53762 View attachment 53765 View attachment 53763
Are you sure? Thought it was in the PUB1

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
At work now since 8am. 90% of my city is out of power. Going to each lift station and using generator power to pump then down. Going to be a long couple days or weeks.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
I'm a plumber and I can't count the times someone has told me the three things a plumber needs to know, I reply, there's been a amendment now four, if you have enough money, I can make it go up hill! Usually shuts them up. Guess we're the
Am I sure about what?
Wind speed!

Reactions: drfubar and sharp
DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Irma ended up moving to the east. Guess we got part of the eye. Not to much damage considering. Lost power around 11:00 pm Sunday night. Took down half of a good size tree in our yard. Another is leaning and probably took out our well water pipe (won't know till we get power back) and lost some shingles.

Spent yesterday cleaning up the mess.

Amazing how it cleaned out the trees. They were nice and thick befor.

IMG 1743
IMG 1746

Reactions: Smitty335 and sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm a plumber and I can't count the times someone has told me the three things a plumber needs to know, I reply, there's been a amendment now four, if you have enough money, I can make it go up hill! Usually shuts them up. Guess we're the

Wind speed!
I didn't record it no but it's always been know as the world's worst weather. The placard is at the top of mt. Washington near the observatory. They have a bunch of videos taken of the weather up there on their website too

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weather forcast here was GREATLY exaggerated. Not complaining! Supposed to have 50-70mph gusts, topped at a gentle 24mph gust.

1c7af34d66db02ab6c31bf4d30131efb

[HASHTAG]#REALLYweatherguys[/HASHTAG]? [HASHTAG]#justgivethehotredheadatelepromter[/HASHTAG]
[HASHTAG]#itllgrowback[/HASHTAG]

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hot dam! Our's just came back on!
Congrats, we had an ice storm a few years ago that knocks power out for 5 days, 2 weeks later I would still catch myself caring a flash light into the closet! That was at middle of the recession, we rented a man lift for trimming trees that you pull around behind a truck. We would get a timing job, the neighbors would see us, come over and ask if we could do there trees, we worked for 3 solid months! In the recession, It was great, 3 months of paying jobs was something else.

J

JTW

Congrats, we had an ice storm a few years ago that knocks power out for 5 days, 2 weeks later I would still catch myself caring a flash light into the closet! That was at middle of the recession, we rented a man lift for trimming trees that you pull around behind a truck. We would get a timing job, the neighbors would see us, come over and ask if we could do there trees, we worked for 3 solid months! In the recession, It was great, 3 months of paying jobs was something else.
Yeah.. that's ice storm was a b****! 2009? Most were 2-3 weeks without power here

DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The last number I heard was 78,000 Lakeland electric customers had lost power. I have to thank those guys. Every time a major hurricane comes through and we loose power, I think we are always one of the first to get it back in the county. We are very fortunate.

Reactions: sharp and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Weather forcast here was GREATLY exaggerated. Not complaining! Supposed to have 50-70mph gusts, topped at a gentle 24mph gust.

View attachment 53845

[HASHTAG]#REALLYweatherguys[/HASHTAG]? [HASHTAG]#justgivethehotredheadatelepromter[/HASHTAG]
Could we please get a close up of that huge limb?

View attachment 53845

Can you take up of that hugh limb? HA!

Reactions: sharp and nbomar
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!