I-4wd warning light

Southside

Southside

Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2019 talon I-4wd warning light is on. Not blinking just solid. locks into 4wd any ideas thanks

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
need pics of machine first

need more info, miles, tire sizes, any recent changes, any other codes, etc.

could be anything from brake return spring, mismatched/severely worn tires, one of the speed sensors, speed sensor\wiring, etc.

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

It's probably detected an issue and stored a code. I-4wd will usually do that for some reason, if it's not blinking it's not a current problem. Try driving in 4wd above a certain speed (can't remember how fast atm) and see if the light dissappear or blinks.

Most likely a low voltage issue. You'll need to clear the code to get the light off if it doesn'tgo away by driving. I'd read the code first to see what the issue may have been.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
2019 talon I-4wd warning light is on. Not blinking just solid. locks into 4wd any ideas thanks
The I-4WD system is VERY sensitive to low voltage, my light would come on occasionally if I had let the machine sit a while (few weeks or more) and after running a bit would go off after stator charged the battery to an acceptable level. Besides that a loose ground can do that too. Also the EPS light can act the same way. I never had I-4WD issues in 13K miles over 4.5 years, meaning the system always worked but I've had that light come on and go off all by itself probably a dozen time over that period.

So you may not have a real issue with the I-4WD, just the state of charge and /or loose ground.

Southside

Southside

Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ll try to drive it in 4wd at a faster speed to see if that clears it as suggested by Honda tech . As far as I can tell 4wd is working fine. How do I clear the code? Tia

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’ll try to drive it in 4wd at a faster speed to see if that clears it as suggested by Honda tech . As far as I can tell 4wd is working fine. How do I clear the code? Tia
Here's a thread with similar issue:

A

adegraw2147

Apr 19, 2024
Walls, MS
Ownership

1. Talon R
We changed the driveshaft out in ours, put it back together and the 4wd light is on. What could cause this?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We changed the driveshaft out in ours, put it back together and the 4wd light is on. What could cause this?
Welcome, what rig do u have, P1 or Talon?
Oh and we like/require pics of your rig when u first post.

Disconnect your battery and reconnect it. See if it clears. Changing the driveshaft shouldn't cause that. Might have an underlying problem.
Come back and tell us if u fix it.
Dont forget your pics! POIDH

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!