Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Any old jack should work as long as you can get under it then raise it high enough. Never used sway control on any of my open trailers, just don't put too much weight behind the axle and it'll pull straight.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Does the P5/2 have a tilt switch, where is it, and how can I disable it?

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
2 Questions for trailering peoples:
1> Any recommended jacks for 5x10 utility trailer? Scissor VS bottle? or is a $20 harbor freight scissor jack good enuf?
Have a good one in the truck I can drag over and use if I need to, just looking for one to keep on the trailer toolbox.

2> Anybody put on trailer sway control for these little things? Trailer is max rated at 3000lbs, I might get over 2000 once in a while, but not very often. Was a trucker for like 7 years, so used to hauling bigger stuff, this is the smallest trailer I've ever hauled, lol.
I saw a video a while ago of a guy that had his front tinge jack mounted in a receiver. He would take it off and go back to the axles where he had a receiver sticking out just between both tires. Plugged it in and cranked and lifted both tires off the ground. Simple setup and worked well and you would always have a trailer jack with you. Myself I have a gmc 2500 with camper and trailer behind. My truck rear axle is about 6000 on its own. So ya I have a nice 20ton bottle jack

Reactions: hallic
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Are the Honda nerf bars compatible with the SSS skid plates? How about with the optional rock sliders on the skid plates?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Are the Honda nerf bars compatible with the SSS skid plates? How about with the optional rock sliders on the skid plates?

If by compatible you mean just bolt on? No, the instructions call out cutting a notch even into the factory skid. I had to take an angle grinder to my aluminum rock sliders. Still worth it. 😏

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Any old jack should work as long as you can get under it then raise it high enough. Never used sway control on any of my open trailers, just don't put too much weight behind the axle and it'll pull straight.
I usually just take my shop floor jack, a lot more stable than a small jack.

Reactions: Mudder
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I quit worrying about jacking the trailer when I got one of these (sorry, internet image).

I still have a screw jack for the truck if I need more lift.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
I have an electrical question. I will be running all my accessories (except winch) through the Nilight relays with a positive trigger.

Can I just loop the the power source to all my switches from one power wire and then run individual power wires out to the relays? (#86 below)

This will prevent me from having so many single wires to just trigger the relay. I will be running single power wires to the relays (#30 below). I’m just trying to cut down on the wires coming from the positive bus bar.

0B948787 55E7 4477 8283 0C1EAF4605F4

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I would think you would be perfectly fine to daisy chain all the switch wires together. They won't be high current since they are only used to trigger the relay, which will handle the higher current loads. That is essentially what I plan on doing for my other bank of auxiliary switches. For simplicity sake, I will be purchasing, probably 12-16 conductor, tray cable for this purpose. It'll be 12-16 (depends on what I can find) small gauge (probably 22-26awg) wires packed into one cable that will only be used for the switch loads. I think it'll drastically cut down on the wire clutter.

Something like this:
Tray cable

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
I would think you would be perfectly fine to daisy chain all the switch wires together. They won't be high current since they are only used to trigger the relay, which will handle the higher current loads. That is essentially what I plan on doing for my other bank of auxiliary switches. For simplicity sake, I will be purchasing, probably 12-16 conductor, tray cable for this purpose. It'll be 12-16 (depends on what I can find) small gauge (probably 22-26awg) wires packed into one cable that will only be used for the switch loads. I think it'll drastically cut down on the wire clutter.

Something like this:
View attachment 266360
That's a good idea, I'll look for one with 8 to 12 wires.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I have an electrical question. I will be running all my accessories (except winch) through the Nilight relays with a positive trigger.

Can I just loop the the power source to all my switches from one power wire and then run individual power wires out to the relays? (#86 below)

This will prevent me from having so many single wires to just trigger the relay. I will be running single power wires to the relays (#30 below). I’m just trying to cut down on the wires coming from the positive bus bar.

View attachment 266355
You should be fine as you are not exceeding the total amps of the one wire rating. I just finished two switched relay circuits on my motorcycle, and had one bad relay that drove me crazy rechecking my wiring.

Reactions: Bigtee and J80
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
What turn signal/hazard/horn kit are you guys using? Was looking at XTC products, but they're real proud of their product.

Alternatives?

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Is the factory 1-1/4" hitch strong enough for Tiger Tail duties without bending something? I have a 2" MFG Supply receiver as well, but I'd like to utilize that for a Hornet tire carrier with the TT underneath.

Reactions: Bigtee
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!