Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bar upright
Everyone has different needs for sure.
I definitely wanted a fixed point that worked for my 3 toys,
it takes 5 minutes to load the SXS and I know it is balanced without thinking about it.

I do agree that flexibility is important and why I made this so it could be placed vertically by moving 2 bolts and have the entire trailer available when needed.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll tell you what, you sure as hell will know when it's not loaded right lol.

Reactions: KyleC and Mudwing
J

Jwinders583

Feb 24, 2019
SC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 10 foot trailer that i load mine as far as possible forward.. the trailer tongue has been reinforced with 2 inch angle on top so there is no flex.. it’s a 2500 lb trailer,, so i’m right at capacity,, but the sides and the tongue has been beefed up.
Now if i had a 12 or 14 foot trailer i would probably not run it forward all the way but i gotta dance with the one who brought me i reckon.
Tows wonderfully for what it is..

Reactions: Plumber32 and L2R
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
for sure
I have a 10 foot trailer that i load mine as far as possible forward.. the trailer tongue has been reinforced with 2 inch angle on top so there is no flex.. it’s a 2500 lb trailer,, so i’m right at capacity,, but the sides and the tongue has been beefed up.
Now if i had a 12 or 14 foot trailer i would probably not run it forward all the way but i gotta dance with the one who brought me i reckon.
Tows wonderfully for what it is..

I am basically imitating a 10' trailer with the pivot bar except I still have some additional weight on the front due to the trailer. 10' was available when I bought this one and wish I had. I wouldn't have been doing this but as you said, dancing with what I got now.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How many tires on that thing do you go through a year? I never had any luck with a snowmobile trailer and a sxs.

That's funny.. my old trailer was a Triton 12' aluminum with those 10" tires.. I always worried about them blowing up, but I pulled that sucker for over 10 years. The first 8 with one or two ATV's on it, and the last with my Viking loaded. I pulled it like it wasn't there too.. 75+ all the time. In all that time, I had two flats.

I will say this though.. the flats I did have completely shredded the tire, and beat up the wheel a little. That was a dam good trailer. One heck of a lot easier to maneuver around than the 20' I have now.

Reactions: Mudwing
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t really like hauling that way but it’s all I have to haul two machines. I pull that twice a year. I think those are the original tires. I’m working on picking up a new trailer.

like your burb. same as my ave under. the weight and suspention can be as good as a three quarter. you have the air ride and powerboost?
when I haul more than one I use my equipment trailer and with bags it still didn't care if it had the quad on the front, even if its a 1k can am. yours that is probably half that you will barely feel if you get a trailer that's got the load across the front and from the back for the pioneer

Reactions: L2R and Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
like your burb. same as my ave under. the weight and suspention can be as good as a three quarter. you have the air ride and powerboost?
when I haul more than one I use my equipment trailer and with bags it still didn't care if it had the quad on the front, even if its a 1k can am. yours that is probably half that you will barely feel if you get a trailer that's got the load across the front and from the back for the pioneer
Thanks, man. Yeah it’s got air ride and towing. It does haul nice. Don’t feel anything.

Reactions: L2R and jwfirebird
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i load mine all the way to the front on my 16 ft but my trailer rides better on my truck like that. you want a little tongue weight and these bikes only weight 1600-1900 depending on accessories and tires. all the way to the front my tires touch i i just strap down to the tongue and use the front bumper with a 4k ratchet strap

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to say put a truck toolbox on the front and run the tires up to it. Lots of storage then. But that bar looks like it works. My trailer came unlatched today and rear ended my truck.... SMH... Little touch up paint on the bumper and it’s ready to go again...

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
i had a 4x8 trailer i got from harbor freight, was good for what it was, cheap/light way to haul a atv with my car and still get decent mileage. only problem was that one of the first times it scratched my trunk, but you can get just the hitch, i got a reese one that bolts on from tractor supply with gr 8 bolts, maybe 20 bucks

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was going to say put a truck toolbox on the front and run the tires up to it. Lots of storage then. But that bar looks like it works. My trailer came unlatched today and rear ended my truck.... SMH... Little touch up paint on the bumper and it’s ready to go again...
Haven't seen much of you on here lately . How is your knee doing?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!