Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
There are several threads on this. We can hunt some up here in a bit once i get to my desktop.

This was bad with the 2014 and 15, 700 models.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
from your pic it doesn't look that bad....Im not sure of your skill level but it looks easily welded back and ride....Its a common thing Im afraid to say..but I see this on a lot of machines..
From what I see in your pic,I would unbolt that whole side.Then I would grind some of the weld down and try to tap it up some.It doesn't look like it moved to much at all.After that I would reweld it.Alot of these weld breaks are where the weld meets the tube.it called a fusion line.the weld is laid on fast and hot and the tube it still cold.causing a hardened area on the outside of the bead that cools fast and becomes hardened and brittle.When I weld tube like this I like to tack tack tack tack and heat up evenly then grind and hen lay another pass oer the already hot metal....
Now Im guessing your out of warranty and if you don't have the skills needed,or don't feel confident then take to weld shop to look at Cause this would be and easy fix.I also would take a grinder with a wire wheel and go around the others on that side.I would be surprised it that was all that cracked...

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think @Delton shredded one once before I read ...I have a 14 as well and I constanly look for this if I have a few ruff rides

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Matt700-4

Jul 23, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
from your pic it doesn't look that bad....Im not sure of your skill level but it looks easily welded back and ride....Its a common thing Im afraid to say..but I see this on a lot of machines..
From what I see in your pic,I would unbolt that whole side.Then I would grind some of the weld down and try to tap it up some.It doesn't look like it moved to much at all.After that I would reweld it.Alot of these weld breaks are where the weld meets the tube.it called a fusion line.the weld is laid on fast and hot and the tube it still cold.causing a hardened area on the outside of the bead that cools fast and becomes hardened and brittle.When I weld tube like this I like to tack tack tack tack and heat up evenly then grind and hen lay another pass oer the already hot metal....
Now Im guessing your out of warranty and if you don't have the skills needed,or don't feel confident then take to weld shop to look at Cause this would be and easy fix.I also would take a grinder with a wire wheel and go around the others on that side.I would be surprised it that was all that cracked...
The other side of the one that is broke and pulled a small pice out of the frame. I’m not that good of a wleder but I know a few people that could do it

Reactions: swsebek
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Before you weld it do you plan on running larger tires in future reason I ask is since you broke that and have to weld you could just cut the others off move everything forward inch half two inches since you gotta fix it anyway

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
They really need some support on the backside of the brackets too. Cracked weld is driverside and the one torn loose is the passenger side. Bent the bracket pretty good between the rear and front mount. That pic is after I had bent it 1/2 way back into place.

20180715 102413 FB IMG 1531691298844

Reactions: Delton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!