Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
8ac2750a8f3abd63588fae1e0766bae6.jpg
72fa2066181595f6c36d3c1689706d06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get the portal gear ratio that matches the gear ratio for the p1k, that calibrates the tire size?

K

Kyle13

Apr 2, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The portals r 4:1 so we did the math with that on stock tire of 26 in I could add 6 in of tire and b at factory specs so I'm sitting on 32 in bkt 8 in wide tires on 18 in rims with that combo is the lightest tire wheel for that size they make

Reactions: CumminsPusher
K

Kyle13

Apr 2, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow! That thing is a beast!

I'm surprised they warranty the clutches with that much lift and tire. Looks cool man.

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

I only have 3 in bracket lift and 4 from the portals they warranty it because they said it is a bad design on the clutches

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I only have 3 in bracket lift and 4 from the portals they warranty it because they said it is a bad design on the clutches

I find it strange that a dealer would say that. If it was a bad design, it would be a problem for everyone. I don't know the percentage of owners with clutch failures but I've heard it's around 3%. I've got two at home with me now and both are performing great. Maybe it's a cheap part for some, bad assembly for some, and just plane ole driver error for others. That would account for most of the 3%. I hope to restore hope for you. You've bought a great rig and modded it to be bad ass.

There have been people find out that battery cables were loose. Some have found that one of the 3-4 ground wires were loose. And there has been a faulty clutch or two where the friction material failed prematurely.

Has the dealer checked the small dime size screen that will clog when with friction material after a failure? I'm no expert on this stuff by no means but I'm just throwing out stuff I've read here and there.

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

K

Kyle13

Apr 2, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's what they have told me and it's such a frequent thing they keep them n stock now last time I dropped mine off ther were 3 others ther for clutches to I personally know the manager and machanic ther so they don't hide things from me when it comes to honda bad they said they no it's a problem that's y they will continue to fix for free till they come out with a fix

Reactions: MNnice
K

Kyle13

Apr 2, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is one of the messages from the manager at h&w Honda n Marshall tx

Reactions: MNnice
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I didn't mean to say I don't believe you. But thanks for sharing that. It's just crazy that I can ride with 3-4 and up to dozens of pioneers and no one has a clutch problem.

Please keep us posted on the progress. We are all curious what your issue will be. It could be a new we haven't seen yet.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Well it does suck that your having problems. The best improvement may be to install 28 inch tires to avoid clutch failures. The clutches are the same on the 17's and I doubt there will be any change in the clutch unless Honda comes out with a mud model. The Highlifter Polaris is probably the best for extreme use and it has the large reverse chain to prevent breakage when backing out. I like your setup and hope Honda will make an extreme rock crawling model in the future.

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kyle I live and ride in central Louisiana. My hunting club gets bad during the last part of the season. The last 3 weekends of the season I put on my mud tires 29.5x9.5x14 outlaw 2s. I had no problem at all spinning these tires in deep mud holes. I have over 600 miles on mine now and haven't had the first issue with it yet except for the heat but dual 4" fans took care of that.
I hope honda does come out with a fix for these clutches. It is rare to see the clutches go out multiple times on the same machine. There have been a few on this site that have not had issues with their clutches after honda replaced them and very few that have had a reouccuring clutch failure. Good luck with your machine and I hope honda figures out why few machines are having problems.
That is a bad ass looking machine you have.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They have a an updated clutch been told and are working on other related equipment too hopefully soon. I've got a feeling on yours the issue isn't the clutches it's probably a flow issue with the fluid. There is a small number that will see continued issues at this point obviously not everyone has problems but for those of us that do it's a kind of a frustrating

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No offense but i'm suprised they warrantied the clutches with your set-up. Kinda like rolling in the Ford dealership on 44's and a 12" lift and asking to warranty u-joints.. Good for you they are..

Ford won't warranty that set up?

Reactions: knuckledeep
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Why would there be a warrenty issue polaris warrentys there stuff thats bigger then that there one in my hometown thats a polaris ranger with 42 inch boggers it comes with a warrenty

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Why would there be a warrenty issue polaris warrentys there stuff thats bigger then that there one in my hometown thats a polaris ranger with 42 inch boggers it comes with a warrenty
Has a lot to do with what dealer your going to some will warrenty some will not.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Your lucky, Dealers here in PA would laugh. But your buggy does look Bad Azz.Soon as I saw the picture I thought Wow that's fun looking and then Wow something's gonna break.....

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

They Warranty the belts??

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dealer warrantied my clutches. My rig is pretty similar, it's all about the dealer

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!