BOX1

P1000 Junk

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I've never been able to find a dealership Honda, ford ect around me that didn't just try to take my money. I finally figured that if I break it I'll fix it, if I can fix it I shouldn't own it. Wish I could find a dealership I trusted.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have already dropped it off at the Honda dealership as I have to just about every time I leave the park didn't take no pics we ride on trails and ther r places with mud water hasn't been a issue I have had it snorkeled out everything up to the roof never have got water n any part of it if u ever get stuck n mud don't try to gas on it go ahead and hook winch up and pull urself out cause even with 25% gear reduction with portals it doesn't have enough power to break the tires loose u will loose ur clutch first I had better luck with can am mavericks belts with a 1000cc motor u should b able to spin the tires no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something is not right, my P1-5 will throw what ever is under the tires, the wear on the back tires prove it. As long as your in low range. When my first and only set of clutches went out, took it to the dealership, they kept it a week ( 7 Days ) , after 4 days I called them to see if it was ready. They told me that they were taking it step by step from directions from Honda tec. Any way, when I picked it back up, was looking at the invoice and noticed they had chamfered the oil relief ports. With the way mine behaves now they could have kept it for a month and I would be happy. My dealer is a Honda Power House Dealer and sell a bunch of S x S's. Don't know if that makes a difference on tec. support or not.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Something is not right, my P1-5 will throw what ever is under the tires, the wear on the back tires prove it. As long as your in low range. When my first and only set of clutches went out, took it to the dealership, they kept it a week ( 7 Days ) , after 4 days I called them to see if it was ready. They told me that they were taking it step by step from directions from Honda tec. Any way, when I picked it back up, was looking at the invoice and noticed they had chamfered the oil relief ports. With the way mine behaves now they could have kept it for a month and I would be happy. My dealer is a Honda Power House Dealer and sell a bunch of S x S's. Don't know if that makes a difference on tec. support or not.
Excuse me I meant oil relief valves

Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a 2016 pioneer 1000 back n December and have already burned 2 sets of clutches after the first set I bought portal gears for it to reduce stress on clutches and next ride burned them again next ride out bent both tie rods and broke a axle if u are wanting a machine to ride to the mail box and back would b a good one but if u plan on going to ride with friends on the weekend on trails don't recommend it
Having

Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Having some same issues! 10hrs 40miles , dealer will have it fixed by this Friday. New clutch, hopefully it's just a fluke.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Guy at my deer camp on his 3rd set he gotta pay for em this time because don't have extended warrenty 600 dollars just for parts

Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Guy at my deer camp on his 3rd set he gotta pay for em this time because don't have extended warrenty 600 dollars just for parts
I'm lucky I guess, the rig came as it sits from the dealership & the will cover all costs
. I was told there are 3 others p1000 with clutch issues as well.lol 4high for grass-4low for a mud puddle. Lol I'm concerned to tow my jet ski to the river.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Well his is a 16 it see alot of highway and trails but in 4 low with mud light tires never rides it hard got another guy just bought a 17 le p1000 we will see if it holds up any better he got 30 inch outback max on it

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm lucky I guess, the rig came as it sits from the dealership & the will cover all costs
. I was told there are 3 others p1000 with clutch issues as well.lol 4high for grass-4low for a mud puddle. Lol I'm concerned to tow my jet ski to the river.

Is that your machine in your avatar?

If so, I am surprised that your clutches didn't go really fast. Do you have portals and/or a gear reduction?

Those look like some really tall mud tires. I don't think the P1000 clutch is designed to handle that.

Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is that your machine in your avatar?

If so, I am surprised that your clutches didn't go really fast. Do you have portals and/or a gear reduction?

Those look like some really tall mud tires. I don't think the P1000 clutch is designed to handle that.
Yes it is, it does have gear reduction. i think the problem was electrical? The winch would disengage the transmission, then it sized up. 10hrs - 40miles I just finished the break in time. And like I mentioned it came as you see it from the dealership. Thank G for factory/dealership extended warranties

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry that I am not really contributing here, but I'm not gonna lie, I was staring at a 1k3 a few hours ago at the dealer, the dealer installed a lift kit and 30" roctane looking tires on it and it looked really good, 30" tires are my sweet spot....but with these clutch issues I cant justify giving up my 500 (It just will not fail me).

Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry that I am not really contributing here, but I'm not gonna lie, I was staring at a 1k3 a few hours ago at the dealer, the dealer installed a lift kit and 30" roctane looking tires on it and it looked really good, 30" tires are my sweet spot....but with these clutch issues I cant justify giving up my 500 (It just will not fail me).
If the dealer can fix it I'll be crazy happy! The hole reason I bought a Honda and something brand new was not to have this problem...

J

Jpred1

Mar 25, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, if you decide to go Polaris , I'd like dibs on those portals.

Reactions: popeye
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!