P1000 Key On Power, Illumination, and backup source! - 2016 through 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 Only

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to power two 18 watt LED lights straight from these two wires. Any issues pulling 3 amps directly from those wires? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Works fine that’s what I’m doing but I do have a 5amp fuse back there.

Reactions: BWAF
D

dls1230

Jan 1, 2018
US
Works fine that’s what I’m doing but I do have a 5amp fuse back there.
Good advice. I will throw an inline holder back there with a 5A fuse installed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

T

thomasvandermars

Jun 14, 2016
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Let me introduce myself. I own a 2016 1000-3. I've been following threads for over 1.5 years. I'm up in Montana, just outside helena. The stuff I get off this site has been very helpful.

Just wanted to say, I completed the backup light install and am very pleased.

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas and discussions.

T

TheBob

Feb 15, 2016
North West Arkansas
Let me introduce myself. I own a 2016 1000-3. I've been following threads for over 1.5 years. I'm up in Montana, just outside helena. The stuff I get off this site has been very helpful.

Just wanted to say, I completed the backup light install and am very pleased.

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas and discussions.
Hey, no problem from this end, love these forums for the this very reason, getting good ideas, and enhancing them if possible. Glad it was of some help!

Reactions: OleRed and BWAF
T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know if the 2018 is wire differently. After tapping in BOTH of the white with black striped wire, winch still will not work.

I have a 2018 Deluxe 1000-5, and it was the white/black wire that I needed to tap. Take note, there were 4 white/black wires on mine, and I originally tapped both that I found on the right side, but neither did what I needed. If you look on the left side (the side nearest the second battery slot), you'll find 2 more white/black wires and tapping one of those was the right answer for me.

Reactions: graybear and BigOL3
STRATOSMICRO

STRATOSMICRO

Feb 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
StratosMicro here, we are a supporting Vendor and we do sell a turn key harness kit for the Pioneer 1000. This kit is designed just for the back up light install without needing to splice or hunt for the proper connectors.

Follow the link to our eBay store listing: HONDA PIONEER 1000 3P/5P, ACC OR BACKUP LIGHT WIRING HARNESS, 6 FT, PLUG & PLAY | eBay

P1000 bu

N

noisewater

Aug 3, 2017
west michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
StratosMicro here, we are a supporting Vendor and we do sell a turn key harness kit for the Pioneer 1000. This kit is designed just for the back up light install without needing to splice or hunt for the proper connectors.

Follow the link to our eBay store listing: HONDA PIONEER 1000 3P/5P, ACC OR BACKUP LIGHT WIRING HARNESS, 6 FT, PLUG & PLAY | eBay

View attachment 66668

You got a way to buy from you bypassing ebay? They boned me 3 too many times and I will not buy a thing off their site anymore. It's been a year and a half since the final straw and I'm not about to start up again now.

Reactions: BigOL3
STRATOSMICRO

STRATOSMICRO

Feb 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You got a way to buy from you bypassing ebay? They boned me 3 too many times and I will not buy a thing off their site anymore. It's been a year and a half since the final straw and I'm not about to start up again now.

Our Shop Number is 517-264-5101, We are located in Adrian Michigan, ask for Rob and we can do Credit Card over the phone. Hours M-F 9-5:30 Sat 10-2. Look at our ebay Store for all the options for the P1K, we have about 15 different setups available if you have the accessory switch plate.

Thanks, StratosMicro

Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda SxS question for you, The wire harness for the keyed power has some form of clip holding them down , couldn't get a good look at them last night but do they just pop out are is there secret to getting them out.?
I know this is an old post but I've discovered the same clip. I'm trying to not just tear it out but I may have to. Did you ever discover a trick to getting the clip out? As long as it's in, it's very tough to get access to any of the wires coming from the fuse box. I'm guessing I could probably just tear it out and then just replace the clip if so desired. Just don't feel like making a trip to the dealer.

Reactions: ORancher and BWAF
STRATOSMICRO

STRATOSMICRO

Feb 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ken, I am not sure which clip you are referring to. If you are talking about the filler plug located at the rear of the engine (see attachment) simply lift up the ear to the female connector and pull the filler straight out.

20170515 162649

Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ken, I am not sure which clip you are referring to. If you are talking about the filler plug located at the rear of the engine (see attachment) simply lift up the ear to the female connector and pull the filler straight out.

View attachment 74530
No, the clip we're referring to is on the main wiring harness immediately after the fuse box

S

Sparky74

This is a very helpful thread and I have pulled a lot of good info off of it. Do have one question though....Where is this "Electrical Thread" several of you have referred to? I can't find it any where!

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
S

Sparky74

This is a very helpful thread and I have pulled a lot of good info off of it. Do have one question though....Where is this "Electrical Thread" several of you have referred to? I can't find it any where!

Anyone able to answer this question?
Thanks, Scott

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where to get a complete P100-3 wiring diagram would be a good start!

FredD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!